Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Poaching inequivolence?

Looks like DeBoer is gonna poach our best. So you say fuck it, fine, that's how this game is played.

But what to make of it if Fisch is unable to poach UA's best? If they all swore some loyalty-suicide pact to 2ndary coaches?

Comments

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    True that DeBoer played a short-term game and between Lake and DeBoer we now have weak bench.

Still, I'm noticing that UW players seem to have no qualms about following DeBoer to Tuscaloosa. But in the AZ narrative (which admittedly is being spun by AZ honks), there's all this player resentment of Fisch.

Just noting that these situations aren't parallel and I'm trying to figure out why. Seems to me DeBoer underhandedly fucked UW's players and program way harder than Fisch ever did to AZ.
  • wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    Postal91 said:

Looks like DeBoer is gonna poach our best. So you say fuck it, fine, that's how this game is played.

But what to make of it if Fisch is unable to poach UA's best? If they all swore some loyalty-suicide pact to 2ndary coaches?

If they want to stay in Arizona over Washington then they are mentally retarded and we probably don't want them anyways. We'll figure something out
    That something has to be Rogers and Bernard. Where is Rogers gonna go that is better sitch that UW? Same with Germie. Both guaranteed day 1 starters and reap the desperation NIL dollars that we are now going to throw at them.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,566

Postal91 said:

If they want to stay in Arizona over Washington then they are mentally retarded and we probably don't want them anyways. We'll figure something out
    That something has to be Rogers and Bernard. Where is Rogers gonna go that is better sitch that UW? Same with Germie. Both guaranteed day 1 starters and reap the desperation NIL dollars that we are now going to throw at them.
    Alabama?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    I'll trade Rogers for Milloe (sp)
    ntxduck said:

Postal91 said:

Alabama?
    Feel like the Bama faithful want Milroe and not an MSU reject
    Doogles said:

True that DeBoer played a short-term game and between Lake and DeBoer we now have weak bench.

Still, I'm noticing that UW players seem to have no qualms about following DeBoer to Tuscaloosa. But in the AZ narrative (which admittedly is being spun by AZ honks), there's all this player resentment of Fisch.

Just noting that these situations aren't parallel and I'm trying to figure out why. Seems to me DeBoer underhandedly fucked UW's players and program way harder than Fisch ever did to AZ.

Because the timeline doesn't match, 2024 is Zona's year.

The equivalent would be Deboer leaving after the Alamo bowl win and all the studs deciding to stay and finish what they set out to do, coach be damned.

UW was all-in this year and nearly got home, but 2024 was always going to be shaky regardless of staff.
    2024 we hope for 7-5. And Fisch the car salesman needs to go full Ole Miss portal mode between now and 2025
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162

Doogles said:

Because the timeline doesn't match, 2024 is Zona's year.

The equivalent would be Deboer leaving after the Alamo bowl win and all the studs deciding to stay and finish what they set out to do, coach be damned.

UW was all-in this year and nearly got home, but 2024 was always going to be shaky regardless of staff.
    DeBoer is the guy who looked like he was doing a great job until he leaves and you look at his job files and wonder what the fuck he was doing

I'll stand by DeBoer being great with the guys and on gameday but he sucked at building

And now he's lost a lot of cred on the we are family stuff
    I've got my narrative and I will not be deviating from it
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

DeBoer is simply 72 hours ahead of Fisch on assembling staff and closing players. Give it a couple days.

I would bet a lot of money that more Arizona players portal to Washington than Washington to Alabama.
    Ok but the true test is how many AL players portal to WA.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

DeBoer is simply 72 hours ahead of Fisch on assembling staff and closing players. Give it a couple days.

I would bet a lot of money that more Arizona players portal to Washington than Washington to Alabama.
    How many AL players could locate WA on a map?
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,731
    The revolving door of coaches and players is purgatory for any schools stuck in the middle to bottom of the pack. This is disgusting
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,970
    I’m guessing a lot know where Washington is.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 776

I'll trade Rogers for Milloe (sp)

Ikaika? Cool.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    AEB said:

I’m guessing a lot know where Washington is.

NSFWmaps.com
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

How many AL players could locate WA on a map?
    Don’t they speak a different language there?