Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The way Jedd Fisch departed Arizona was a bad look

2»

Comments

• NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member Posts: 288
    thechatch said:

Who fucking cares?

90% of the players in that lockeroom have been chasing the bag and going to the program that’s the highest bidder in NIL.

You want to be a participant of the business side of college football? This is what it looks like. You’re a free agent now. You’ve got a new staff and NIL collective taking shape in the interim. If you don’t like it, portal your ass out in the spring and go find a new home.

This is the freedom you asked for. Stop crying and Get over your coach lying to you.

I think @ some of the top schools in college football this is true, @ Zona I’d say less than 20%, probably lower, are NIL recipients.
    Certainly true @ Oregon, honest question. What do you think the average 18 yr old Duck Boi is getting to go to Eugene?
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Imagine taking a job to HC a team with virtually no talent with the stipulation that you can't run kids out of the program agreeing to accept less than market value and still having the administration slow boat your contract. Jedd Fisch wasn't shopping himself. Dannen reached out to him and he looked at the Arizona AD DGAF attitude and he bailed. "But he only had a 4 minute meeting with his players" He's from Jersey what do you expect? He knows kids with eligibility have options. Sorry he wasn't performative enough for the West Coast
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Bob_C said:

Can anyone cite an example of the right way to leave?

“It’s not you, it’s me.”
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

If it’s after the season, There’s really nothing to lose by being upfront with your team captains about what’s going on once news starts to leak out that you’re in negotiations.
    Eh, there's no clean way to do it.
    No there isn’t, but if you want guys to trust you and follow you to a new job then it’s better than hiding it and denying everything.
    I had Kahlua Mudslides last night at the Courtyard By Marriott cocktail lounge with a blue hair. Deep pockets. He told me Washington is in trouble if DeBoer leaves
  • wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    46XiJCAB said:

Bob_C said:

“It’s not you, it’s me.”

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,010

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

If it’s after the season, There’s really nothing to lose by being upfront with your team captains about what’s going on once news starts to leak out that you’re in negotiations.
    No there isn’t, but if you want guys to trust you and follow you to a new job then it’s better than hiding it and denying everything.
    I had Kahlua Mudslides last night at the Courtyard By Marriott cocktail lounge with a blue hair. Deep pockets. He told me Washington is in trouble if DeBoer leaves
    Sounds like a depressing way to spend a Monday night.

Everything ok?
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

Not gonna judge if you’re into blue hairs.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

Everything ok?
    So he is a big booster but didn't know that DeBoer left on Friday?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

thechatch said:

Bob_C said:

Everything ok?
    So he is a big booster but didn't know that DeBoer left on Friday?
    Wait...is this a serious question?
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 809
    Everyone knows that a glossy two paragraph Instagram post or similar tweet with a few Bible verses and platitudes about brotherhood is the only way.