Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Assistant Coach situation so far

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
A good summation of where things stand so far. It's pretty amazing that Arizona's offense scored nearly as many points and had as many yards per game as UW's in 2023.

Hoping like heck that Dannen is giving Fisch a big budget to get a kick-ass defensive staff in (using some of the $2 mil Grubb was getting for a top DC):

https://si.com/college/washington/football/fischs-staff-beginning-to-take-shape-with-carrolls-son-at-oc

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DanRaleyFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

DanRaleyFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son

TYFYS

(No stolen valor, right?)
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What G5 school had a good D and players worth poaching?

Might as well open the bag for their HC to be our DC and bring along a few of their DL and DBs
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Curious who Fisch is gonna hire for D Coordinator. With all the stops he's made in his career, he's gotta have a solid network to draw upon. You'd hope, at least. Any names being floated out there?
  • Options
    IslandDawgIslandDawg Member Posts: 60
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Pay will be interesting for assistants and maybe rude awakening. Median housing:
    Seattle. $816,000
    Tucson. $380,000
    Tuscaloosa. $249,000
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Pay will be interesting for assistants and maybe rude awakening. Median housing:
    Seattle. $816,000
    Tucson. $380,000
    Tuscaloosa. $249,000

Arizona's DC was Johnny Nansen in 2023 and he made $750k. UW could easily double that for a better DC and could go up to $2 million if needed (what Grubb was getting paid as OC).
  • Options
    BonerBoner Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 198
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Founders Club

Boner said:

Seattle. $816,000
    Tucson. $380,000
    Tuscaloosa. $249,000

Brennan Carroll can just live with his parents. It’ll be fine.
    This could be a great factoid to add to 5 reasons. Brennan’s folks take care of laundry and meal prep to allow him to solely focus on the new dawg offense.
    The financial benefits of living in their basement frees him up mentally to just let it rip. You’re going to see a new scheme and a new attitude out there against Weber State. God, it’s going to be fun dropping that on Cuog for the Weber state game and vice versa.
    I thought the exact same thing regarding the coug, in my extensive research to verify that Weber State is actually a WSU I learned that their head coaches name is Mickey Mental, which is totally metal.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Boner said:

Boner said:

Seattle. $816,000
    Tucson. $380,000
    Tuscaloosa. $249,000

This could be a great factoid to add to 5 reasons. Brennan’s folks take care of laundry and meal prep to allow him to solely focus on the new dawg offense.
    The financial benefits of living in their basement frees him up mentally to just let it rip. You’re going to see a new scheme and a new attitude out there against Weber State. God, it’s going to be fun dropping that on Cuog for the Weber state game and vice versa.
    I thought the exact same thing regarding the coug, in my extensive research to verify that Weber State is actually a WSU I learned that their head coaches name is Mickey Mental, which is totally metal.
    Pretty impressive, hit 536 career dingers and then corch some ball.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boner said:

Boner said:

Seattle. $816,000
    Tucson. $380,000
    Tuscaloosa. $249,000

That made me go look at next to your schedule and holy crap we are lined up pretty well and I didn't realize we had home and home with USC and UCLA.