Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let the pillaging begin

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sounds like an AD trying to control the narrative
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    OreDawg said:

If Arizona wants to play the game of hiring coordinators who have never called plays just to keep the sugar high of next season alive, let them. It’s a bad long term strategy and likely a bad strategy for next season as they won’t be very good with that lack of coaching experience. We shouldn’t play that game also, we should offer Cummings whatever Shep was getting paid and AHC title. If that’s not good enough don’t go crazy to try to get two players.

Everything is short term right now for arizonas sake, it probably is the right move. They are a stepping stone school to the big10 and sec just like uw is to a handful of blue bloods. Them going all in for that specific football program can make sense.

The difference uw didn't have much to salvage for next season. Uw with no transfers out and a few additions was likely an 8-9 win team.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be difficult to leave Tucson in mid-January, come up to Seattle, and not be depressed by the weather and cost-of-living difference.

That said, if I'm an assistant considering a lateral move, I would think a year at UW in the B1G trumps a year at UA in the Big-12. But only if it is a lateral move.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,593
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OreDawg said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Wasn’t it reported that he was in Seattle with Fisch?
    Doesn't matter if Cummings was on the plane. He may be getting the oc job at zona. I never thought those guys were coming over to be honest. They can stay there and make a run at the top 12. They won't get as much money doing it, but still.
    As someone else mentioned, CoL in Tucson vs Seattle is something to consider.

A ~million dollars in Tucson gets you this:
    https://redf.in/5NHf6R

Or in Seattle it gets you this:
    https://redf.in/LSXg5G

lol
    Seattle housing costs continue to go up though. Tucson is what it is, you’re not gonna make as much money off your investment. Also Tucson sucks
    Tucson actually doesn’t suck. Phoenix sucks. Tucson is beautiful.

Also the house I linked was 450k in 2019.

4 years later it’s 1.15

That’s not bad.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

OreDawg said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Wasn’t it reported that he was in Seattle with Fisch?
    Doesn't matter if Cummings was on the plane. He may be getting the oc job at zona. I never thought those guys were coming over to be honest. They can stay there and make a run at the top 12. They won't get as much money doing it, but still.
    As someone else mentioned, CoL in Tucson vs Seattle is something to consider.

A ~million dollars in Tucson gets you this:
    https://redf.in/5NHf6R

Or in Seattle it gets you this:
    https://redf.in/LSXg5G

lol
    Seattle housing costs continue to go up though. Tucson is what it is, you’re not gonna make as much money off your investment. Also Tucson sucks
    Tucson actually doesn’t suck. Phoenix sucks. Tucson Scottsdale is beautiful.

Also the house I linked was 450k in 2019.

4 years later it’s 1.15

That’s not bad.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 16
    I'm only giving Stalin some shit and having a bit of a chortle over all of the moralizing I'm seeing this morning from some of the charter members of this Den of Iniquity. But I'm a Team Player! and will toe the line. With Stalin, that's always the healthiest thing to do.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 16

Anyway I said gurgle to the Ducks face as a thank you for the hilarity of Curtis Williams dying

No apologies

You and @brents. Ooops, there I go again with inappropriate jokes. RIP @brents.

At @GreenRiverGatorz - say it to @RaceBannon 's face!!!!!!!

Todd was 19 at the time of his unfortunate demise, btw. And you were here for it bucko!
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Sounds like Zona is hiring Nansen and the players are all tweeting that they are staying with him.

If true, yet another kick in the nuts

That would be kinda odd considering their entire offensive staff is following Fisch.
    TMac, Fifita, Manu and Burnett are all teammates from Servite HS. They made a huge deal about all signing with Zona. Maybe they don’t want to split and not finish together?
    I’ve heard this a few times and it concerns me. This was one of the stupid stories they tell leading up to the game and then I think they told it during the dwags game as well.
    Oregon had TMac committed but his Servite buddies kept recruiting him to UA. When the coaching change happened TMac bounced.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

For one program at least.
    Shut up pussy
    Still raging.
  • Options

Anyway I said gurgle to the Ducks face as a thank you for the hilarity of Curtis Williams dying

No apologies

Todd was 19 at the time of his unfortunate demise, btw. And you were here for it bucko!
    I don’t recall Duck fans thinking Williams dying was funny.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

No apologies

Fuck off
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

No apologies

No one here did either.
  • Options
    edited January 16

46XiJCAB said:

No apologies

Fuck off
    So you lied?
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Sounds like Zona is hiring Nansen and the players are all tweeting that they are staying with him.

If true, yet another kick in the nuts

That would be kinda odd considering their entire offensive staff is following Fisch.
    TMac, Fifita, Manu and Burnett are all teammates from Servite HS. They made a huge deal about all signing with Zona. Maybe they don’t want to split and not finish together?
    I’ve heard this a few times and it concerns me. This was one of the stupid stories they tell leading up to the game and then I think they told it during the dwags game as well.
    Oregon had TMac committed but his Servite buddies kept recruiting him to UA. When the coaching change happened TMac bounced.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

For one program at least.
    Shut up pussy
    Still raging.
    20.5k posts on a rivals board.

Miserable. Pathetic.
    Can we try not to make this about me over here?

Take it to DR.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No apologies

Fuck off
    So you lied?
    Fuck off
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Feels like there's a missing 'if' before the 'would' in this tweet. Maybe intentionally poorly worded so he could right either way.