Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A few thoughts

13»

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

College football is all about $. When Fisch leaves, you buy someone else. No one cares about the school, the education, the logo, the tradition (except exposure and winning), the location (mostly), etc. it is all about $. College football is a lot like Formula 1, the biggest spenders win.

UW alumni and players love being connected to the programs. Look at the natty game love fest.

KDB was the only one who didn’t give a shit.
    This is very true.

Just my opinion, it is more important than ever that schools maintain traditions that build and reinforce those connections. School bands, fight songs, mascots, chants, homecoming rallies, student and alumni travel to away games, local press and advertising coverage (those old Jim Owens and Micky Rooney Rainer commercials were the bomb) ... etc.

Edit: and winning at a high level. That solves everything.

Every college football fan is keenly aware that the players cycle through the program. They are all there for only a finite time. The difference now is many coaches (and some players) are mercenaries, and to be fair, top programs fire coaches asses before they get the chance to quit if they don't meet expectations, so there is a little turn about is fair play going on here. My only beef is don't sell yourself one way and act completely differently. Don't be a phony.
    *Rainier
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 16

College football is all about $. When Fisch leaves, you buy someone else. No one cares about the school, the education, the logo, the tradition (except exposure and winning), the location (mostly), etc. it is all about $. College football is a lot like Formula 1, the biggest spenders win.

UW alumni and players love being connected to the programs. Look at the natty game love fest.

while i agree with this... if things continue down this path theres no way it can continue as the old generations die off and the sport is full of nothing but mercenary alumni

more dudes will end repping their high school on their Monday Night Football intros too
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

RoadTrip said:

Re: Dillon Johnson -

Seems like this guy wants to follow Fisch

Hopefully so. That guy is a tank
    Nope. He ain't coming. He and several other kids on the team are pissed at Fisch and said so publicly yesterday. The young men haven't understood what this all means yet. The vast majority of them have 4 year, semi-pro careers and an opportunity to get a free education (for now). When do the fooball and basketball players not get full rides like the restnof the teams?
    I feel like you have no clue what you’re talking about. Why is the kid liking Tracy fords twat about him and the qb/wr going to udub?

Here’s another one in his like list…

Tracy Lords’s twat?🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Nope. He ain't coming. He and several other kids on the team are pissed at Fisch and said so publicly yesterday. The young men haven't understood what this all means yet. The vast majority of them have 4 year, semi-pro careers and an opportunity to get a free education (for now). When do the fooball and basketball players not get full rides like the restnof the teams?
    I feel like you have no clue what you’re talking about. Why is the kid liking Tracy fords twat about him and the qb/wr going to udub?

I don't know who specifically you were talking about but I was talking about Coleman, Fafita and McMillan from AZ. All 3 were on social media bagging on Fisch and saying they were committed to AZ. At least one of them (Coleman) has done a 180. But what I told you was true as of last night.
    That isn't true about any of those three, where are you getting your misinformation?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    phineas said:

while i agree with this... if things continue down this path theres no way it can continue as the old generations die off and the sport is full of nothing but mercenary alumni

more dudes will end repping their high school on their Monday Night Football intros too
    Or their culinary school!
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

I don't know who specifically you were talking about but I was talking about Coleman, Fafita and McMillan from AZ. All 3 were on social media bagging on Fisch and saying they were committed to AZ. At least one of them (Coleman) has done a 180. But what I told you was true as of last night.
    That isn't true about any of those three, where are you getting your misinformation?
    My son who attends UoA, knows and played football for 3 years with Coleman.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

I can only tell you what my son, who attends UoA and played with Coleman for 3 years, is telling me he's seeing them post on social media.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

NIL money could make a fella change his mind with abrupt suddenness
    I'm curious how long you think this process might take and what the odds are of any of the big 4 or 5 top UoA prospects following Fisch might be.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    edited January 17
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

I can only tell you what my son, who attends UoA and played with Coleman for 3 years, is telling me he's seeing them post on social media.
    How recently did he tell you that and how recently had your son seen all this?

Lot can change at breakneck speeds between an instant reaction about HC leaving, and still potentially feeling furious after all the assistants follow and give rationale why you should follow.

EDIT: btw for how long it should take, az players have a window of 30 days... 01/17 will be day 03 of it being open, you'll start to see players enter the portal quickly thu/Fri, maybe beginning of next week, then slowly make their way to new program or back over the following 2 weeks
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

NIL money could make a fella change his mind with abrupt suddenness
    I'm curious how long you think this process might take and what the odds are of any of the big 4 or 5 top UoA prospects following Fisch might be.
    I would think we'd have resolution quickly one way or the other