Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How UW players learned of Kalen DeBoer's departure for Alabama (deserves own)

HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
"Bro didn't put in his two weeks, he didn't even put in his 24 hours"

Comments

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091
    I can’t understand everything that’s said but it seems to confirm that the team at large did not know he was gone before the championship game.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
    biak1 said:

I can’t understand everything that’s said but it seems to confirm that the team at large did not know he was gone before the championship game.

There's zero chance any of the players knew. That's not even in question
  • NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member Posts: 288

biak1 said:

Not sure about this, seems like a handful of the offense might have known. W/ Polk, Jmac and DJ all bouncing fairly quickly to the NFL, I think maybe word got out. Funny we haven’t heard from El Capitan Penix?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

biak1 said:

Not sure about this, seems like a handful of the offense might have known. W/ Polk, Jmac and DJ all bouncing fairly quickly to the NFL, I think maybe word got out. Funny we haven’t heard from El Capitan Penix?
    Not before the championship game.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091

biak1 said:

I’m still curious about that as well. Literally everybody who could go pro did so quickly. The exception was Rome but that was always coming and expected.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309

biak1 said:

Offense body language pregame and first drive was bad, seemed something was wrong. I thought it was DJ, but maybe it was more. Shepherd is definitely going to alabama, maybe they found out somehow.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,975
    I feel like something was different before the game. Leading up to Texas we had players talking shit, super focused on practicing/training for the game, etc. Leading up to the natty things felt different. The swag wasn't there. I initially pointed to classes starting for UW whereas Michigan had another week off. But now I know the real reason.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,207
    No way the players knew. A bunch of 20 year olds wouldn't be able to resist jumping onto social media the moment they found out.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 13

biak1 said:

I could see a certain assistant/position coach being unable to keep his mouth shut about his awesome interview and maybe talking about it with Rome or Penix, they were also going to be gone in a few days too.

McMillen and Polk had some of the most important upcoming decisions on NFL or come back and ask him a few questions about next year and get the idea before the big game...

IMO this shit leaked onto the team from Shephard and the WR room, Germbern is STILL mia and Tayshon Lyons jumped ship immediately, its not surprising that Elijah Jackson and the defense might not have heard the rumor, there were lots of things going on only a week ago.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    biak1 said:

biak1 said:

I’m still curious about that as well. Literally everybody who could go pro did so quickly. The exception was Rome but that was always coming and expected.
    It's been a few years since we had so many guys go pro, but there was nothing unusual about this. Guys across the country have been declaring all week, and these were all upperclassmen. The only reason they even had eligibility left was because of covid.