Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something to add to future contracts

FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
This may be way out there, but I don’t even think buyout should be enough for coaches to be able to leave. There should be a clause in all future contracts where you have to pay $100,000 or more to each player when you leave. All the thoughts and prayers, bullshit and garbage that he was spewing yesterday during a team meeting is complete utter bullshit.. at least when he leaves and leaves all those kids he should have to pay for it. we know the school isn’t doing it so somebody should take care of the kids who sadly believe in all of this bullshit. This is my last time. I got caught up, thinking that he actually was going to be the guy he talked about because he’s from the Midwest but he’s just like every other douche coach. It will be very enjoyable to watch him lose and not one kid will follow him to Alabama

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Something has to change. Professional leagues have more restrictions in place than the allegedly amateur athletics. The kids should also get only one transfer until graduating ("coach leaving" transfer, not withstanding).

NBA player trade requests are tame in comparison to the bullshit that college football has become.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This may be way out there, but I don’t even think buyout should be enough for coaches to be able to leave. There should be a clause in all future contracts where you have to pay $100,000 or more to each player when you leave. All the thoughts and prayers, bullshit and garbage that he was spewing yesterday during a team meeting is complete utter bullshit.. at least when he leaves and leaves all those kids he should have to pay for it. we know the school isn’t doing it so somebody should take care of the kids who sadly believe in all of this bullshit. This is my last time. I got caught up, thinking that he actually was going to be the guy he talked about because he’s from the Midwest but he’s just like every other douche coach. It will be very enjoyable to watch him lose and not one kid will follow him to Alabama

I think we should just get it over with and go back to full on serfdom.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Something has to change. Professional leagues have more restrictions in place than the allegedly amateur athletics. The kids should also get only one transfer until graduating ("coach leaving" transfer, not withstanding).

NBA player trade requests are tame in comparison to the bullshit that college football has become.

If the conferences pay the players, then I agree. Ultimately, the players benefit from a free market which was once only the domain of the coaches.

One issue with the portal is that there are finite spots to transfer to. As such:

1) Hire great coach
    2) Re-recruit portal players
    3) Recruit the portal

Order matters.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Will Rogers followed him. So there’s that.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Next year will suck. I took that as a given.

Order matters. Got to get the coach. I said previously - fast.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Also to put in future contract that we won't hire a HC that uses Jimmy Sexton as their agent, and if they later hire Jimmy Sexton then they immediately have to repay double their buyout.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    AEB said:

Next year was going to be harder but coaching and system continuity were still going to get a lot of wins.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Each player that either graduates/goes pro or is scholarshiped and on the roster the first day of fall camp. Make it a $5MM pool split evenly, with an additional $5MM paid to the university.

In case anyone from the AD office is reading…
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    LawDawg1 said:

To be fair, he didn’t recruit well enough for anyone to follow him. All the good players were going to NFL or graduating this year anyway.

3* Bama speshul.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on in this business, HTH. Even if Dannen would've signed DeBoer w/ a huge buyout before Satan left, a program like Bama can cover it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

Next year was going to be harder but coaching and system continuity were still going to get a lot of wins.
    I agree had DeBoer stayed. With him gone, ceiling is 8???
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    8? With what team?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Last I checked the season didn’t start until September
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599