Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just to keep track here

2»

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    LawDawg1 said:

gmo said:

I am trying to think of another example of one man completely imploding a program to anywhere close to this level.

Lakes recruiting sucked. Deboer recruiting might have been worse. Everyone graduating or portal. We are left with nothing. Quite crazy.

We are built for this?
    I will push back on the KD recruiting sucked comment. We don't know that yet. What if they all turn into badasses? Would it surprise you?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

I am trying to think of another example of one man completely imploding a program to anywhere close to this level.

I was trying to think of an instance earlier, but I got nothing. He burned it to the ground.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13

gmo said:

I was trying to think of an instance earlier, but I got nothing. He burned it to the ground.
    I think it looks a lot worse than it really is because of all the players we were losing anyway, and that this happens when every coach leaves. With these two thoughts in mind, and then after we learn who stays or wtf is even happening, then we can really evaluate the wreckage.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When prime leaves Colorado I picture something similar but it probably won't be anywhere near this level
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

gmo said:

I think it looks a lot worse than it really is because of all the players we were losing anyway, and that this happens when every coach leaves. With these two thoughts in mind, and then after we see who stays or wtf is even happening, then we can really evaluate the wreckage.
    you need to look at the two deeps again....
    how many times does a Power 5 have one QB with literally zero snaps?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

Is it a good thing that we will bring back 3 starters on Offense (center and guards) and 4 on Defense.......

I'll take the under on 7 returning starters when it's all said and done. Maybe 4. Maybe.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    gmo said:

gmo said:

I think it looks a lot worse than it really is because of all the players we were losing anyway, and that this happens when every coach leaves. With these two thoughts in mind, and then after we see who stays or wtf is even happening, then we can really evaluate the wreckage.
    I'm gonna harness my inner PGOS and say breathe on this. This won't be the case in fall. Actually, wait, I'm way more rational. That's a Big Ern take. Certified.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

gmo said:

gmo said:

I'm gonna harness my inner PGOS and say breathe on this. This won't be the case in fall. Actually, wait, I'm way more rational. That's a Big Ern take. Certified.
    Doomed
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mack seems good so we can probably assume he’s gone.

I’ll be surprised if we recognize a single starter on the roster next year. Maybe Bruener?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    bigcc said:

gmo said:

gmo said:

Doomed
    Nah, PGOS knows we're mostly on the same page and that I'm just teasin and joshin around.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13

Mack seems good so we can probably assume he’s gone.

I’ll be surprised if we recognize a single starter on the roster next year. Maybe Bruener?

UW academic prowess needs to take the next step and start cloning dawgs who bleed purple. We have to find our advantage somewhere.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

40 year old Scott Bakula starts at QB next year or I am out!

As long as he’s throwing the ball to @PostGameOrangeSlices, I’m happy.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

gmo said:

Lakes recruiting sucked. Deboer recruiting might have been worse. Everyone graduating or portal. We are left with nothing. Quite crazy.

We are built for this?
    I will push back on the KD recruiting sucked comment. We don't know that yet. What if they all turn into badasses? Would it surprise you?
    Not going to be any of them left, man.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    8 or less wins the year after playing for a natty. Man this game is ruined.
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 153
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Step back from the ledge people. Lets see what the roster looks like in spring. Let the coaches do their thing....
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

8 would be a miracle. O/U is 5. There is nothing left. Boner absolutely salted the Earth on this program. If Fishdick can get about 10 of AZ best players to come here then you have a pulse and it is just a rebuilding year, otherwise it's a dumpster fire.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

8 would be a miracle. O/U is 5. There is nothing left. Boner absolutely salted the Earth on this program. If Fishdick can get about 10 of AZ best players to come here then you have a pulse and it is just a rebuilding year, otherwise it's a dumpster fire.
    If fishdick gets to 10 wins I’ll let his wife peg me.
    I have all the screenshots I need.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I thought the O/U with Fats was 9.5 and that was with players returning. I think an O/U of 5 might be generous.