Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

a pretty fantastic Article on Sark's career.

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,372 Founders Club

Meek said:

here's the answer to all those amazing decisions on critical plays we witnessed during the Sark Dynasty:

“People ask when you should call a shot play downfield. I can’t tell you. You just know when the timing is right. You trust your preparation and your coaches, and you understand that the opposing coach is coaching, too. And the last decision can’t affect the next decision.”

tl:dr version - he gets out-coached every fucking time.

I think DJ (ILTCDDJIWILTD) can answer this but I think I read an article on the real DJ (the coach, not the bitter and political author) stated that each off-season, he and his coaching staff game-planned every decision, every play in multiple situations so that in the heat of a game, DJ (again the coach, not the bitter and political author) knew what call he would make.

Meanwhile, Seven goes with gut feel and based on his physique, that leaves him a wide range of options.

Yes that is correct. The preparation was exhaustive.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,903 Swaye's Wigwam

Sark is such a dumbass. He's not fit to be a head coach. He is obsessed with play calling. The head coach should be setting the tone and instilling toughness and discipline. If you don't have that, even the greatest play calling won't cover it.

Play calling is overrated. There are going to be good calls and bad calls. When I watch the '91 team on tape, the play calling was conservative and even predictable. Same with Alabama under Saban. Remember their first title under Saban against Texas.

That game still makes me sick. Texas would have won that game if Colt McCoy hadn't gotten hurt in the first quarter.
  • BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877

Sark is such a dumbass. He's not fit to be a head coach. He is obsessed with play calling. The head coach should be setting the tone and instilling toughness and discipline. If you don't have that, even the greatest play calling won't cover it.

Play calling is overrated. There are going to be good calls and bad calls. When I watch the '91 team on tape, the play calling was conservative and even predictable. Same with Alabama under Saban. Remember their first title under Saban against Texas.

That game still makes me sick. Texas would have won that game if Colt McCoy hadn't gotten hurt in the first quarter.
    We don't speak in hypotheticals here at Hardcore Husky.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    BlowItUp said:

Passion, and AuburnDawg disagree. HTH

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    MisterEm said:

BlowItUp said:

Passion, and AuburnDawg disagree. HTH

Doogs gonna Doog.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575
    If this is the kinda sunshine the LA media is pumping up Sark's ass, USC fans are going to be so fucking disappointed. Really hard hitting article, this.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    He trusts his gut.

lol

He has to or it would kick his fuckin' ass. That thing is HUGE.