Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The reality

13»

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,810
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He posted this right after saying on the boards that he doesn’t know anything. Lulz
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's 0-3 with a better team. He got outcoached. Has nothing to do with 4th down quite honestly

Pretty debatable IMO.

Check Fan Duel bro
    I don't check Fan Duel. And I'm not your bro, guy.
    Look pal Oregon was #6 at home last year and favored with a big 4-5 star advantage. Favored by 9 in the Conference natty. Big talent edge according to experts who are never wrong

Its the ducks coping now claiming they don't have talent. Same as last year when they were GLAD to see all those 4 stars portal so they could get more 4 stars

Lanning took the better team and went 0-3 and that's why he isn't at Bama. I know you like to be the contrarian but get a grip captain
    I'm not your pal, guy.

Ok, I tried to clear this up with the guy from Concrete or wherever, but I'll try and be more direct: I have neither said nor implied that DL is a better, or even equal, coach to KD. For the reasons you've offered, KD gets to swing his dick. That's fine with me. It's just not out of the question that a group of SEC people would look hard at a guy who is to some extent one of them, has shown to be a recruiter (we can debate if that's just the Oregon factor later), is young and has done pretty well other than 3 close losses to a rival who had a generational talent at QB and far and away the best WR crew in the country and one of the best O lines in the country. On offense, I don't think there is any question who had the better unit.

These are not necessarily my own beliefs. I'm just sayin'. My grip is good.

You could have just said I'm right because I am

Difference between and tough construction guy and a lawyer

A man of few words versus a man of many
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 12

Yeah but he did have his team fake injuries to try and stay in games. That's good coaching. Having you Duck losers here is pointless because it's a bunch of a fans of one team who are self deprecating and pessimistic but the only time you'll even dip your toes in those waters is with Helfrich, who was the last coach to take you to where UW was four days ago.

Honestly what's the ballot for his biggest win as a head coach:

-UW in Seattle this year
    -Jerry Falwell in an empty stadium in Phoenix
    -Utah take your pick of year
    -Giving some 17 year old kid's scumbag dad a bag of Nike money (take your pick)
    -Plungering Prime
    -Hail Mary win over North Carolina in a baseball stadium

I want an actual answer

I'm not sure what you're trying to say in English in the first paragraph, or what Helfrich has to do with this. Helfrich is Larry Coker, for whatever relevant purposes that might serve.

As to the question, I don't have an actual answer because IDK and IDC. Maybe/arguably he doesn't have a big win. I just offered a reason why DL might have been pursued by Alabama even in a universe with KD, and I don't think those explanations are that outlandish. I totally understand the offense to the sensibilities over the assertion by someone - which to be clear wasn't me - that the Holy Grail of football schools would pursue a Duck coach over a Husky coach. But being put off by the offering of a hypothetical take just to shoot the shit, and the 'everyone who doesn't fall in line with me is a Duck' routine, seems a little jumpy IMO.
    I actually think Lanning is at worst a pretty decent coach in an easy situation and is just kind of a doofus, but so are most college football coaches. I'd take him 10/10 over fucking Sark. I also don't think he'd be a terrible choice for Alabama especially considering he seems like he'd be way more up for the TBSing and taking on the SEC pressure having been in the thick of that world, while DeBoer has not even at all. He hasn't won shit all though and would be a wild first guy to approach if you're Alabama.
    This is all I was saying. Or, to be more precise, I was saying that it's conceivable that someone in Tuscaloosa would think those very thoughts.

As to how wild it would be to target him, we're talking about a profession and a business that is almost based on the irrational and is staffed by a good percentage of people who are terrible at their jobs. And, people down there likely don't follow the regional narrative that Oregon is some easy place at which coaches can win. In fact, I think most people assume the opposite given its location. So his 10 and 11 win seasons or whatever might also not look too bad from down there.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He's 0-3 with a better team. He got outcoached. Has nothing to do with 4th down quite honestly

Pretty debatable IMO.

Check Fan Duel bro
    I don't check Fan Duel. And I'm not your bro, guy.
    Look pal Oregon was #6 at home last year and favored with a big 4-5 star advantage. Favored by 9 in the Conference natty. Big talent edge according to experts who are never wrong

Its the ducks coping now claiming they don't have talent. Same as last year when they were GLAD to see all those 4 stars portal so they could get more 4 stars

Lanning took the better team and went 0-3 and that's why he isn't at Bama. I know you like to be the contrarian but get a grip captain
    I'm not your pal, guy.

Ok, I tried to clear this up with the guy from Concrete or wherever, but I'll try and be more direct: I have neither said nor implied that DL is a better, or even equal, coach to KD. For the reasons you've offered, KD gets to swing his dick. That's fine with me. It's just not out of the question that a group of SEC people would look hard at a guy who is to some extent one of them, has shown to be a recruiter (we can debate if that's just the Oregon factor later), is young and has done pretty well other than 3 close losses to a rival who had a generational talent at QB and far and away the best WR crew in the country and one of the best O lines in the country. On offense, I don't think there is any question who had the better unit.

These are not necessarily my own beliefs. I'm just sayin'. My grip is good.

You could have just said I'm right because I am

Difference between and tough construction guy and a lawyer

A man of few words versus a man of many

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,953
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

He posted this right after saying on the boards that he doesn’t know anything. Lulz
    He’d rather be right than first.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yeah but he did have his team fake injuries to try and stay in games. That's good coaching. Having you Duck losers here is pointless because it's a bunch of a fans of one team who are self deprecating and pessimistic but the only time you'll even dip your toes in those waters is with Helfrich, who was the last coach to take you to where UW was four days ago.

Honestly what's the ballot for his biggest win as a head coach:

-UW in Seattle this year
    -Jerry Falwell in an empty stadium in Phoenix
    -Utah take your pick of year
    -Giving some 17 year old kid's scumbag dad a bag of Nike money (take your pick)
    -Plungering Prime
    -Hail Mary win over North Carolina in a baseball stadium

I want an actual answer

I'm not sure what you're trying to say in English in the first paragraph, or what Helfrich has to do with this. Helfrich is Larry Coker, for whatever relevant purposes that might serve.

As to the question, I don't have an actual answer because IDK and IDC. Maybe/arguably he doesn't have a big win. I just offered a reason why DL might have been pursued by Alabama even in a universe with KD, and I don't think those explanations are that outlandish. I totally understand the offense to the sensibilities over the assertion by someone - which to be clear wasn't me - that the Holy Grail of football schools would pursue a Duck coach over a Husky coach. But being put off by the offering of a hypothetical take just to shoot the shit, and the 'everyone who doesn't fall in line with me is a Duck' routine, seems a little jumpy IMO.
    I actually think Lanning is at worst a pretty decent coach in an easy situation and is just kind of a doofus, but so are most college football coaches. I'd take him 10/10 over fucking Sark. I also don't think he'd be a terrible choice for Alabama especially considering he seems like he'd be way more up for the TBSing and taking on the SEC pressure having been in the thick of that world, while DeBoer has not even at all. He hasn't won shit all though and would be a wild first guy to approach if you're Alabama.
    This is all I was saying. Or, to be more precise, I was saying that it's conceivable that someone in Tuscaloosa would think those very thoughts.

As to how wild it would be to target him, we're talking about a profession and a business that is almost based on the irrational and is staffed by a good percentage of people who are terrible at their jobs. And, people down there likely don't follow the regional narrative that Oregon is some easy place at which coaches can win. In fact, I think most people assume the opposite given its location. So his 10 and 11 win seasons or whatever might also not look too bad from down there.
    If that’s all you were saying then that’s all you should have said.