Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

At what point

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
Does Alabama get pissed that a coach doesn’t sign when a contract is presented? I can’t imagine they’re just gonna sit around all day…..

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Does Alabama get pissed that a coach doesn’t sign when a contract is presented? I can’t imagine they’re just gonna sit around all day…..

That’s why we will know in about an hour as soon as DeBoer gets done giving his decision to Dannen
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    edited January 12
    Alabama said they wanted to announce their new coach within 72 hours of Saban's team meeting. With a presser coming no later than tomorrow afternoon, this will all be over today.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

Alabama said they wanted to announce their new coach within 72 hours of Saban's team meeting. With a presser coming no later than tomorrow afternoon, this will all be over today.

This would mean DeBoer interviewed probably before the Texas game or right after
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    Alabama already has the resources to win and is used to doing big deals; UW does not. The fact this wasn't done yesterday and KDB is meeting with the AD this morning, I believe he's trying to give UW every chance to get it together. But, @HuskyJW is right, Alabama doesn't like being anyone's second choice, so if KDB is going to Tuscaloosa, it's happening today.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    TXDawg said:

Alabama already has the resources to win and is used to doing big deals; UW does not. The fact this wasn't done yesterday and KDB is meeting with the AD this morning, I believe he's trying to give UW every chance to get it together. But, @HuskyJW is right, Alabama doesn't like being anyone's second choice, so if KDB is going to Tuscaloosa, it's happening today.

Nah, a 8 am meeting means it was done yesterday...

Make internal decision, go home and talk with wife, tell kids during dinner, sleep on it to be sure, wake up and tell the boss you are OUT first thing in the morning.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    I think it's a courtesy meeting for uw
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

TXDawg said:

This would mean DeBoer interviewed probably before the Texas game or right after
    Deboer right after Texas game... what a fucking disaster and explains basically everything;

UW plays nervous for first time all year, Penix plays terribly, shitty gameplan on both sides (esp the first quarter), guys mysteriously missing from sideline, polk bad body language during game, no homecoming parade/celebration, no new portal guys, players leaving the team that still have eligibility, every single borderline NFL guy declaring, zero media or recruiting appearances from any of the coaches, zero momentum, silence from just about everyone....
    My take is if the players knew by game time it would have leaked. Once the kids know something they can't resist the twatters.
    You would think so but this team has been eerily good at keeping things quiet all year.

They also wouldn't be told outright, it would be a rumor, maybe from a WR assistant (missing Germbern, polk bad body language, McMillen yips) that slowly works around the team, coaches acting slightly different, a morning meeting canceled, no response to a text, a coach or two missing for a "personal reason" in the week up to the national championship, a non commital comment about next year.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    You guys are all tremendous fucking idiots. Deboer may be gone, or he may not be (EWIWBI), but none of your theories for why, when, or how it happened make any god damn sense.