Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The meaning of silence

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

jecornel said:

If Deboer stays at UW major rebuild ahead.

It was a major rebuild in 2022
    People forget that
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam

Look at Deboor's career track, Doogs. It's not solely about money, he's been moving up and up and up his whole career. If any of this surprises you, Dwagman is you're speed.

He's left 100% of his division 1 head coaching jobs after 2 years. Is that the track record we should be looking at?
    The only other place he was the face of the program was Fresneck
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 815 Founders Club
    Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Now if there's a smile on my face
    It's only there trying to fool the public
    But when it comes down to fooling you
    Now honey that's quite a different subject

But don't let my glad expression
    Give you the wrong impression
    Really I'm sad, oh, I'm sadder than sad
    You're gone and I'm hurting so bad
    Like a clown I appear to be glad (sad, sad, sad, sad)
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,131
    edited January 11

Don't see it. KD is not a southern guy and has been in the business long enough to know what Alabama is. It's different down there. It's a whole other world and a culture that sharply departs from upper midwest. UMW fits in the PNW, but the south is a different animal.

He also knows that following Saban is career suicide. I'm sure he's keenly aware that he could float between 9 and 11 wins here with decent bowl performance and have his seat remain nice and cool for at least 5 years.

Alabama is going to be a radioactive place for at least a decade.

Unless he's the kind of guy who loves money enough to encourage a bidding war, and he doesn't seem like that kind of guy, I just don't see it happening.

Kind of agree and hope you are right but KDB is one to say I CAN follow Saban because I am the best. Can't argue with that. The backwards living conditions (inbreeding, etc) ? Who knows?

(S Dakota says hello. Oops)
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,286 Swaye's Wigwam
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 815 Founders Club
    Darrell Royal 2.0 inbound
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Don't see it. KD is not a southern guy and has been in the business long enough to know what Alabama is. It's different down there. It's a whole other world and a culture that sharply departs from upper midwest. UMW fits in the PNW, but the south is a different animal.

He also knows that following Saban is career suicide. I'm sure he's keenly aware that he could float between 9 and 11 wins here with decent bowl performance and have his seat remain nice and cool for at least 5 years.

Alabama is going to be a radioactive place for at least a decade.

Unless he's the kind of guy who loves money enough to encourage a bidding war, and he doesn't seem like that kind of guy, I just don't see it happening.

It certainly ~~~feels~~~ that way. I would even include his longtime multi decade loyalties to his assistants.

No way Bama lets him bring Morrell and his guys. And Grubbs seat would be warm after some of the shit he called this year even going 14-1. Debier would probably be cutting throats of guys he has worked with for nearly 20 years. This is a guy whose pre game ritual is walk on the field passing out long hugs and I love yous.

The marginal difference in money (if there is one) to Deboer is basically zero. 10 mil a year at UW for 7 years or 15 mil at Bama for 4 years. There is no way UW is balking at 1-2 mil a year difference. But Bama comes with significantly different deliverables.

I don’t know deboer, but if his public branding and philosophy is at all close to his actual personality I’ll be surprised if he leaves.

Grubb would get one mulligan like vs. Texas where he doesn't run the ball on 3rd, Make them use 2nd timeout and if you recover the onside kick the game is over with 3 knees.

The 2nd time would be his last with the Bama fanbase.

I think UW can match or come close to the yearly salary Bama would pay, the part I don't believe we can/will be able to compete in is the NIL part in all this.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,278 Founders Club
    RTD said:

Darrell Royal 2.0 inbound

53 seconds
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

If Deboer stays at UW major rebuild ahead.

And if he leaves, major construction project.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    edited January 11

Look at Deboor's career track, Doogs. It's not solely about money, he's been moving up and up and up his whole career. If any of this surprises you, Dwagman is you're speed.

He's left 100% of his division 1 head coaching jobs after 2 years. Is that the track record we should be looking at?
    No. He's head coach of a tier 1 D1 program that happens to be where his D goes to school and located in a great city (Tug naysayers notwithstanding). Expectations are reasonable here and he just bought a boat load of credibility and benefit of the doubt.

Unless he's one of these Jimmy Johnson, hell bent for leather, uber competitive, has to reach the summit of Everest type A people, he's in a really nice spot. Could never figure out where Petersen found all the stress. Yes, there are expectations. But they are very reasonable.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

No. He's head coach of a tier 1 D1 program that happens to be where his D goes to school and located in a great city (Tug naysayers notwithstanding). Expectations are reasonable here and he just bought a boat load of credibility and benefit of the doubt.

Unless he's one of these Jimmy Johnson, hell bent for leather, uber competitive, has to reach the summit of Everest type A people, he's in a really nice spot. Could never figure out where Petersen found all the stress. Yes, there are expectations. But they are very reasonable.
    Petersen is the guy in the office who gets stressed out regardless if it’s warranted. It’s all self imposed.