Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,030
    DeBoer should at least interview so that he can tell Washington recruits that he turned down the Bama job to stay at Washington.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 11

DeBoer should at least interview so that he can tell Washington recruits that he turned down the Bama job to stay at Washington.

What if the Alabama athletic director chains DeBoer to the radiator until he signs?

shout out to @GayThoughts
    Imagery needs more chaps and ball gags.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,932 Founders Club
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,994

DeBoer is exactly who Alabama should go after. Incredible coach, a driven proven winner, even keeled, knows how to take advantage of the portal an NIL, …..etc.

Following Saban to that job though. Not a good idea. If it opened up, the Michigan job would be a better gig for him. The thing is, if the administration will pay him and his staff, there really is no reason for him to leave. Don James was in this position many times during his career, but chose to stay, uniquely build his own program and legacy. And outside of Mike Lude, the current administration is far more supportive than the one James had.

We’ll see what happens in the coming days/weeks, Washington better put its best foot forward, it would be stupid not to go all in on keeping DeBoer in place.

What makes you say the current AD is on the same page as KDB?

Because that’s not at all the messaging I’m getting from friends in the Tyee admin who deal with major giving initiatives and budgeting….
    haie said:

thechatch said:

DeBoer is exactly who Alabama should go after. Incredible coach, a driven proven winner, even keeled, knows how to take advantage of the portal an NIL, …..etc.

Following Saban to that job though. Not a good idea. If it opened up, the Michigan job would be a better gig for him. The thing is, if the administration will pay him and his staff, there really is no reason for him to leave. Don James was in this position many times during his career, but chose to stay, uniquely build his own program and legacy. And outside of Mike Lude, the current administration is far more supportive than the one James had.

We’ll see what happens in the coming days/weeks, Washington better put its best foot forward, it would be stupid not to go all in on keeping DeBoer in place.

Because that’s not at all the messaging I’m getting from friends in the Tyee admin who deal with major giving initiatives and budgeting….
    You aren't getting shit.
    If you say so….
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,932 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

You aren't getting shit.
    If you say so….
    The "Tyee admins" are just rushing to go tell some quooks that DeBoer who still doesn't even want to speak to the media over that loss is outwardly having problems with Dannen.

Great story.
    That’s not what I said.
    And you’ll likely know a lot more by the end of the day😘
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're DeBoer and Alabama wants to talk I have a hard time imaging him not at least listening. The only thing against the job to me is having to follow Saban.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

You aren't getting shit.
    If you say so….
    The "Tyee admins" are just rushing to go tell some quooks that DeBoer who still doesn't even want to speak to the media over that loss is outwardly having problems with Dannen.

Great story.
    That’s not what I said.
    thechatch said:

Oh okay. So it's not a dysfunction between Dannen and DeBoer which would be the only real concern (even though Dannen has publicly acknowledged that DeBoer is his boss), it's something else that you meant, but you still wanted to share it here. Just because you have "Tyee admins".

Fuck off dumb fuck.
    haie said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

You aren't getting shit.
    If you say so….

Great story.
    That’s not what I said.
    thechatch said:

Oh okay. So it's not a dysfunction between Dannen and DeBoer which would be the only real concern (even though Dannen has publicly acknowledged that DeBoer is his boss), it's something else that you meant, but you still wanted to share it here. Just because you have "Tyee admins".

Fuck off dumb fuck.
    Have a blessed day👍
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam
    Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if the Lanning buzz is actually coming from his camp and Oregon trying to act like they were dying to hire him and he turned them down when in reality he was a ways down their list. You're Alabama, don't think he's the first guy they would go to. Lanning is giving off potentially weird vibes of the loser that would actually stay at that place knowing how easy it is to recruit there and lose 10 games even if you have a learning disability and hire a good OC.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Lanning to alabama.. cook it.

He was an SEC coach and I can guarantee you he wants to get back to it and will likely get paid!

This would be wonderful as Oregon will continue to feel as though nobody wants them
  • RichardARichardA Member Posts: 33
    Who listens to Brock? I don't but just heard a concerning rumor about what he said this morning on his show.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818 Founders Club
    If Alabama offers Dan Lanning the job, I would imagine it's a done deal. Snake oil sales are at an all-time high in College Football. How else do these guys get greased up?