Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Calling my shot

2»

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We can regularly make the playoff, but watching their big dudes push around our big dudes tells me we have a couple years of serious reloading to do.

Is that the narrative? I watched UWs defensive line win just as much as Michigans defensive line
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

We can regularly make the playoff, but watching their big dudes push around our big dudes tells me we have a couple years of serious reloading to do.

Is that the narrative? I watched UWs defensive line win just as much as Michigans defensive line
    Their big dudes on D shoved UW’s award-winning line around all night.

UW’s DL took a while to wake up, but held their own through the second, third and most of the fourth quarters. (LBs and safeties were atrocious.)
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RTD said:

Deboer gotta a first hand look at what the Dawgs need to do to be able to compete and win a Natty. The fall of from DJ wasn’t surprising but the lack of talent and depth in the moment was a glaring hole.

Just need to level up RB room, stack depth at all positions, and keep building.

As long as Deboer stays Dawgs will be in the running to compete for hardware moving forward.

Too bad Davis was hurt. Don't know if the mele injury would have made as big of a difference. Sucks that it was the offense that let us down.

Defense has a lot to improve on but Michigan was the best possible match up for them. Need way more playmakers over there though to likely have a shot.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,786
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

Their big dudes on D shoved UW’s award-winning line around all night.

UW’s DL took a while to wake up, but held their own through the second, third and most of the fourth quarters. (LBs and safeties were atrocious.)
    From my traumatized memory I remember on at least two of the long runs the hole actually got shot by a DL but there was no linebacker or DB anywhere to finish it off and they cut back to something wide open.

RTD said:

Deboer gotta a first hand look at what the Dawgs need to do to be able to compete and win a Natty. The fall of from DJ wasn’t surprising but the lack of talent and depth in the moment was a glaring hole.

Just need to level up RB room, stack depth at all positions, and keep building.

As long as Deboer stays Dawgs will be in the running to compete for hardware moving forward.

Too bad Davis was hurt. Don't know if the mele injury would have made as big of a difference. Sucks that it was the offense that let us down.

Defense has a lot to improve on but Michigan was the best possible match up for them. Need way more playmakers over there though to likely have a shot.
    I'd be curious about Mele and Memmelaar - Mele was supposed to be the starter at center which makes me wonder if Brailsford is better at guard. I know they tried him at guard and Landen Hatchett at center briefly against ASU too. From what I remember Memmelaar was supposed to be a starter at guard too before he got hurt.