Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If there was ever a time for UW to go full air raid

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,601 Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 9 in Hardcore Husky Board
It was that game.

Coaches tried to get a run game going for way, way too long

Needed to dink and dunk and take the underneath.

This roster wins the natty with PGOS at OC instead of Grubb.

EDIT: I'll add, Grubb got some open looks that Penix didn't hit. Fair. But this was after Penix was rattled and was overthrowing dudes and missing open targets. You needed to get him into a dink and dunk rhythm and burn clock ala Texas 2022.

Grubb was calling plays like the line was winning. It wasn't.

Comments

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    Did Germie play at all? Giles Jackson?

Not having a viable second string for DJ killed the running game. Tybo has a long way to go.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    its frustitraing because game was 100% winable... only too retarded and cute to just play to strengths, morrel chuck steak shit bed in first quarter but got things together enough to still win on defense

just play the game, tell penix to chill, help OL on edge with RB/TE chip... win the game passing for 400+ ayrds

but also Penix was kinda retarded... even if still best QB of my lif tim
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,601 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Not having a viable second string for DJ killed the running game. Tybo has a long way to go.

Germie rode the bench
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,826 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t think Bernard played
  • CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 486
    biak1 said:

Germie was hurt. Giles played, but he kind of sucks.

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    edited January 9
    Was he injured? Thought I saw that. He’s our most dynamic WR with the ball in his hands.
    Germ0Bern sacrificed before the gayme//=? IDK how he could have been injured between muffed punt against UT and the fake practices UW held in seattle before Houston?
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,257
    How the hell were we going to have an air raid going with our oline not able to pick up blitzes all game?

Needed to keep hitting quick short passes with some runs to the left.

We mixed all sort of shit and that was our downfall on offense.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,601 Swaye's Wigwam

We lost because Mike played poorly.

Mike didn't play his best, but he also got zero help.

Michigan was the first team to drop everyone and still win the line of scrimmage. The O-Line lost the battle and the coaching staff did not adjust.

The dink and dunks were the only offense that was working. Dink to open up the bomb.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852

We lost because Mike played poorly.

Mike didn't play his best, but he also got zero help.

Michigan was the first team to drop everyone and still win the line of scrimmage. The O-Line lost the battle and the coaching staff did not adjust.

The dink and dunks were the only offense that was working. Dink to open up the bomb.
    Our guards got killed all night but if he played like he did against Texas, we win.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I think the offensive play calling was fine. Too many missed throws and catches. Guys were open and plenty of plays to be made. We did some uncharacteristic things and Michigans D was relentless all night.

I think the offensive play calling was fine. Too many missed throws and catches. Guys were open and plenty of plays to be made. We did some uncharacteristic things and Michigans D was relentless all night.

The play calling was fine for a confident team that wasn't rattled.

This team was rattled, and not as talented.

Offenseive play calling regularly hung 73/RT out to dry... esp late, just keep the DJ/TE in to help blocking/chip and bomb that shit out deep... its not fucking hard
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Had one snap
    TheHB said:

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,324 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Had one snap

TheHB said:

What the fuck was the deal? I thought I saw him in press interviews this week?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601

jecornel said:

Had one snap

TheHB said:

What the fuck was the deal? I thought I saw him in press interviews this week?
    Knee injury. Figured he was out when vorel tweeted they had a freshman cb back there in kick returns during warmups instead of germ
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,448

How the hell were we going to have an air raid going with our oline not able to pick up blitzes all game?

Needed to keep hitting quick short passes with some runs to the left.

We mixed all sort of shit and that was our downfall on offense.

Michigan didn’t need to blitz much to get home. Vita Vea in the Apple Cup comes to mind.

My bias is that a team whose best players are wide receivers can’t win championships. A team whose best players are linemen can. We overachieved given that.
  • NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member Posts: 289
    I’m excited to see Rogers play just for the fact he can run when he needs to. Dawgs will be just fine @ QB next year and years after.