Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The bright side - those that come back

LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
I think the following return

Rosengarten
McMillan
Dillon Johnson

Probably more

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 9

Rosengarten
    McMillan
    Dillon Johnson

Probably more

McMillan and Polk should both return but I bet they dont

Does DJ actually have elligability left? he isn't a NFL RB... NOGAF about RBs that aren't named Mccaffery in the nfl anymore

Both aren't actually ready to be NFL WRs, and the difference between a 1-2 round WR and a 4-6 round WR is massive but Penix gone and new QB is some guy no one knows about
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,375
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No way are either Polk or McMillan drafted earlier than the third round, so yeah they should come back, but who knows what kind of advice they’ll get
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Y’all are losing a ton off the 2 deep, aren’t you?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

Y’all are losing a ton off the 2 deep, aren’t you?

A ton? No.

A moderate amount? Yes.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rosengarten is the one they need to figure out how to keep. I think Jalen and Polk are gone.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    McMillan and Polk are gone lol. The recruiting offers prove it out.

Rogers is a likely downgrade from Penix. Why would you stick around to have worse stats than this year?
  • Options
    biak1 said:

McMillan and Polk are gone lol. The recruiting offers prove it out.

Rogers is a likely downgrade from Penix. Why would you stick around to have worse stats than this year?

McMillan and Polk were half way out during Lake disaster, no way they stick around for Deboer expirement rental season, i dont blame them, even if I think they aren't actually ready
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 9
    I kinda wonder if Deboer is going to have his Don James Cornelius Bennett/Alabama moment this early in his tenure

Just as one example, we? have like 6-7 scholarship RBs, and not one of them outside of DJ can be trusted to make anything happen in a game like today (Cam Davis excluded due to injury of course). There’s no money available for a single additional playmaker out of the portal there?

There are a decent amount of guys who have been brought in during the “NIL is icky” phase of Jen Cohen leadership (i.e., the best we could get at that time), so might need to start counseling some folks out, too, to make room for the talent we actually need now that we are ahead of schedule and facing a very different slate of opponents in the B1G.

Edit: other positions I’d wonder about in this regard is every position on defense but particularly LB and safety
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Who is going to throw them the ball? Deep fries Bo Nix?
  • Options
    Founders Club

I kinda wonder if Deboer is going to have his Don James Cornelius Bennett/Alabama moment this early in his tenure

Just as one example, we? have like 6-7 scholarship RBs, and not one of them outside of DJ can be trusted to make anything happen in a game like today (Cam Davis excluded due to injury of course). There’s no money available for a single additional playmaker out of the portal there?

There are a decent amount of guys who have been brought in during the “NIL is icky” phase of Jen Cohen leadership (i.e., the best we could get at that time), so might need to start counseling some folks out, too, to make room for the talent we actually need now that we are ahead of schedule and facing a very different slate of opponents in the B1G.

This is year 2. I agree, but have some perspective.
  • Options

get an OL, TE, WR2 and the offense doesn't look nearly as bad, even if its poaching RBs/WRs from freson state and SDSU
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I took my long walk already for perspective!

More than anything I’m intrigued to see if we get incrementally aggressive in the portal coming out of this - deboer doesn’t seem to like to lose
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Rosengarten
    McMillan
    Dillon Johnson

Probably more

Does DJ actually have elligability left? he isn't a NFL RB... NOGAF about RBs that aren't named Mccaffery in the nfl anymore

Both aren't actually ready to be NFL WRs, and the difference between a 1-2 round WR and a 4-6 round WR is massive but Penix gone and new QB is some guy no one knows about
    Why do you hate Browning 2.0?
  • Options
    Founders Club

I took my long walk already for perspective!

More than anything I’m intrigued to see if we get incrementally aggressive in the portal coming out of this - deboer doesn’t seem to like to lose
    Petersen is afraid of losing.

DeBoer fucking hates it.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 185
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

DeBoer really needs to address the defense. If he doesn’t, and continues to “reward loyalty,” it’s a sign he may not be the right coach for the long haul.

I can’t believe Chuck and Bill didn’t stack the box and make JJ win throwing. Instead they played base nickel and got throttled early on the run. After those initial 2 drives, UW’s defense kept them in the game and gave the offense plenty of chances to get rolling. Bruener should start, I can’t unsee Alphonso T miss tackle after tackle. Asa over KamFab? Cmon
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Rosengarten
    McMillan
    Dillon Johnson

Probably more

DJ should come back. He can get paid at UW and he needs to show he can stay healthy.

In the absence of Rome, McMillan, and polk, he would be a centerpiece of the offense, 1,400 yard guy.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,639
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJ, Polk, McMillan, and Rosengarten should come back but who cares? This was the year.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

DeBoer really needs to address the defense. If he doesn’t, and continues to “reward loyalty,” it’s a sign he may not be the right coach for the long haul.

I can’t believe Chuck and Bill didn’t stack the box and make JJ win throwing. Instead they played base nickel and got throttled early on the run. After those initial 2 drives, UW’s defense kept them in the game and gave the offense plenty of chances to get rolling. Bruener should start, I can’t unsee Alphonso T miss tackle after tackle. Asa over KamFab? Cmon
    Bad news:

13:42, 1st and 10, Michigan in 21 personnel, Washington with 8-man box, three DTs. Off-tackle left for 8.
    11:51, 1st and 10, Michigan in 11 personnel, Washington in nickel, but run blitz Asa at snap. Off-tackle right, right at the blitz, for 14.
    10:24, 2nd and 14, Michigan in 11 personnel, trips right, Washington in nickel with corner tight. Off-tackle left, three defenders cover same gap, 42 yard TD run.
    3:12, 2nd and 7, Michigan in 21 personnel, Washington with 8-man box, three DTs. Play action for 37. Asa weirdly jumps a route that doesn't exist and lets the receiver run by.
    2:31, 2nd and 10, Michigan in 13 personnel (with receiver tight bunch), Washington with 9-man box, three DTs. Off-tackle right for 46 yard TD. Ulofoshio abandons his gap to cover Tuputala's side, leaving a hole you could drive a truck through right where he used to be standing.

It was a mix of nickel and heavy, and neither seemed to matter. They got burned on play action with a heavy box against 11 personnel, and they got burned against the run no matter what the scheme because players kept missing their gap assignments. Some asses got chewed, and that shit got sorted out. Nothing to do with personnel packages unless you like playing three DTs against 11 personnel and getting nickel and dimed on the perimeter and downfield all night.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149

DJ, Polk, McMillan, and Rosengarten should come back but who cares? This was the year.

If they all come back and Rogers is good, you don’t think this team can be Top 12? Sure, they’d probably get pounded by another elite D-line, but making it back isn’t nearly as tall an order as it seems.