Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I still love Penix

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

DucksFC said:

He's a fucking beast. Glad he's gone but I'll begrudgingly admit I enjoyed watching him hit Odunze with some of the craziest throws I've ever seen (except against us?).

Hope he stays healthy and takes Geno's job.

please dont wish that on him. playing behind petes offensive line is a death sentence for penix.
    You want a rough, tough offensive line? You can't be this pass happy.

I wanted this "fling the ball around the yard" offense to work, but philosophically, if you can't play Neanderthal football, you can't win the Big College title.

I think this staff's offensive philosophy brings a ceiling with it. We saw that on display.

1991 was Washington bully ball.

2023 was Michigan bully ball.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,120
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Always and forever

Tough way to go out but UW is no where close to being there without him

Damn it

I love pussies who hold their ribs after getting their asses beat.
    Don’t you have some random black person to be mad at?
    Appears the black person Washington fans are mad at is that inarticulate, sore ribbed pussy who just lost the game for you tonight.
    UW beats Oregon a second time and you go into hiding. And you only come out now after UW's first loss in a year and a half?
    What a fucking pussy. Bob is approaching SECDAWG levels in this thread, quintuple shit poasts and all
    What happened to that hmmrhead anyway? Disappeared after Bama lost.

puh
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RoadTrip said:

Always and forever

Damn it

He's the best UW has had in a long time. Hope he gets to play for it all again. Will be hard to get there.
    Maybe a debate to be had if you mean any position, but he's unquestionably the best qb in program history
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DucksFC said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Always and forever

Damn it

Appears the black person Washington fans are mad at is that inarticulate, sore ribbed pussy who just lost the game for you tonight.
    UW beats Oregon a second time and you go into hiding. And you only come out now after UW's first loss in a year and a half?
    What a fucking pussy. Bob is approaching SECDAWG levels in this thread, quintuple shit poasts and all
    What happened to that hmmrhead anyway? Disappeared after Bama lost.

puh
    He got shitcanned for going off the rails that night and spamming every thread with AIDS.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

phineas said:

DucksFC said:

He's a fucking beast. Glad he's gone but I'll begrudgingly admit I enjoyed watching him hit Odunze with some of the craziest throws I've ever seen (except against us?).

please dont wish that on him. playing behind petes offensive line is a death sentence for penix.

I wanted this "fling the ball around the yard" offense to work, but philosophically, if you can't play Neanderthal football, you can't win the Big College title.

I think this staff's offensive philosophy brings a ceiling with it. We saw that on display.

You can't play Neanderthal football up front when your defense is giving up 170+ rushing yards and 14 points in the 1st quarter, as your already dinged up star rb is hurt the first carry of the game.

Defense is another story, all 5 players for Michigan who ran the ball averaged a MINIMUM of 6.4 ypc, all 5 had a carry of at least 13 yards, and averaged 8.0 as a team.

I'm not sure why people are being so much more forgiving about the defense than the offense
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Always and forever

Damn it

Bo and 3 bitch.
    Beating Oregon is the standard UW fans hold themselves to.

Getting ass raped by Michigan? No big deal.
    You haven't posted shit on here all season long. Until now.

Pussy.
    Now they're bitching about me not posting enough, before it was about me posting too much. Make up your fucking mind sir.
    I've been pretty consistent in wishing you would DIAFF both here and in the tug, fwiw
    Oh no, how will I ever survive. Hope you all had a great evening, I know I did.

Heart of Dallas Bowl Champs. You're greatest level of success since 2000. Bask in the glory.
    I seem to recall Washington making the playoffs twice while Oregon beat Bishop Sycamore in a meaningless exhibition game.
    Sorry, not how the game works. Get your ass beat in the Championship game you're a fucking loser. Not the standard I established, just the one I'm enforcing now,

Heart of Dallas Bowl. That's the pinnacle of your success since 2001.

• Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Always and forever

Damn it

And by "hiding" you mean my acknowledgment that UW was a better team after your win in the Conference Championship game? Why continue posting on a board that allows people to be accuse me of threatening to murder people, while you allow lying fucking morons like haie to routinely engage in libel?

Did someone hit you in the ribs?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    man ive started to process the game today, this really hurts
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

man ive started to process the game today, this really hurts

Seeing Penix play bad was the biggest gut punch for me. Just honestly can't believe he didn't make it happen.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

HHusky said:

phineas said:

DucksFC said:

You can't play Neanderthal football up front when your defense is giving up 170+ rushing yards and 14 points in the 1st quarter, as your already dinged up star rb is hurt the first carry of the game.

Defense is another story, all 5 players for Michigan who ran the ball averaged a MINIMUM of 6.4 ypc, all 5 had a carry of at least 13 yards, and averaged 8.0 as a team.

I'm not sure why people are being so much more forgiving about the defense than the offense
    Worst is the guy who had the first two big runs was the guy I felt good about because he was averaging like fucking 3.2 yards per-carry. I guess that's what Texas felt when Taulapapa busted runs against them last year.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 10
    bigcc said:

HHusky said:

phineas said:

DucksFC said:

The D balled their brains out. In a very near universe we'd be shouting frabjous day, calloo, callay, as we chortle in our joy about how our defense played rugged dirt dawg ball by bottling Michigan into 1/10 on 3rd downs and 0/2 on 4th, giving the offense the ball back to score points repeatedly. The D did everything they needed to do, sans the 2 fuckups early. Despite that they still gave every opportunity for the O to win it. This was just one of those 50/50 games that we got the short end on and lost. Chaos is a bitch.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Always and forever

Damn it

We boot Damone but accept this?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Still love him, hope he had his a game so that the draft hype train would be there caz the kid deserves to get paid
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Always and forever

Damn it

And by "hiding" you mean my acknowledgment that UW was a better team after your win in the Conference Championship game? Why continue posting on a board that allows people to be accuse me of threatening to murder people, while you allow lying fucking morons like haie to routinely engage in libel?

You ran away and disappeared.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

phineas said:

DucksFC said:

HHusky FS

This is the kind of dumb shit you get from coaches like Jimmy "run the damn ball" Lake, and a washed Pete Carroll who continues to try to square a circle with his own version of "Neanderthal", run first, football. We didn't lose because of any particular philosophy, we lost because we made dumb fucking mistakes and played like shit.

Fling it around the yard or play bully ball, or both. Who gives a shit, just win. That's the only god damn philosophy that matters.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm going to miss the penis jokes, too.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

phineas said:

DucksFC said:

HHusky FS

This is the kind of dumb shit you get from coaches like Jimmy "run the damn ball" Lake, and a washed Pete Carroll who continues to try to square a circle with his own version of "Neanderthal", run first, football. We didn't lose because of any particular philosophy, we lost because we made dumb fucking mistakes and played like shit.

Fling it around the yard or play bully ball, or both. Who gives a shit, just win. That's the only god damn philosophy that matters.
    I wouldn't fall for the bully ball trap. Everyone forgets the 91 team also had a dynamic and way ahead of its time offense. Penix was painfully off and seeing ghosts. UW had one running back with a broken lower body and no back up, and needed a dual threat QB.