Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sark wins this game. Michigan can’t run against Texas D line and they would have stumbled their way into points.

Oddly feel bad for Texas in that this would have been a decent matchup for them. Their front could have slowed the run and that their DB suck wouldn't have mattered. They didn't have one RB with a broken foot and could pass the ball well enough. Penix was just lights out against them is all.

I mean yeah, but it’s hard to feel bad for Sark and Texas
    I seriously think Texas wins and I don't feel bad for Sark. Sports are about matchups and UW accurately realized early their WRs would kill Texas and took shots and hit them. Michigan's pass D was good enough or Washington didn't try and they got a couple of cheap scores and that was it.
    Michigan is the first team in over 100 years to not give up over 25 points in a season.

They were good, unfortunately. This team had a chance and didn't deliver.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Other than the Tybo duck out of a tackle in the first quarter, I'm struggling to remember any other missed tackles that Michigan had. Their defense was too good for our offensive line. Ballgame.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Is what Texas would look like if Sark could coach

Look, I don't know who you are, I don't know what you stand for, but if you think Sark ain't throwing the ball, you need to be drug tested!
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,264
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Other than the Tybo duck out of a tackle in the first quarter, I'm struggling to remember any other missed tackles that Michigan had. Their defense was too good for our offensive line. Ballgame.

This^^^
    In my drug-addled state, I remembered thinking “Wow, so that’s what proper pursuit angles and sure tackling look like”…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sark wins this game. Michigan can’t run against Texas D line and they would have stumbled their way into points.

Oddly feel bad for Texas in that this would have been a decent matchup for them. Their front could have slowed the run and that their DB suck wouldn't have mattered. They didn't have one RB with a broken foot and could pass the ball well enough. Penix was just lights out against them is all.

I seriously think Texas wins and I don't feel bad for Sark. Sports are about matchups and UW accurately realized early their WRs would kill Texas and took shots and hit them. Michigan's pass D was good enough or Washington didn't try and they got a couple of cheap scores and that was it.
    Michigan is the first team in over 100 years to not give up over 25 points in a season.

They were good, unfortunately. This team had a chance and didn't deliver.
    ????

The '91 Huskies didn't give up 25 points at any point
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The shots were there. Penix got rattled early and started imagining things that weren’t there and missing wide open receivers downfield.

This could have been a game.