Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix Ungoated Himself Tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Can someone please address him looking like a fucking ninja before the game? What was that?

Adrenaline got to him.

Who cares? Dude has his head in a box half the season and led us to the title game in year 2.

Love Penix.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

There's no two ways around it. He just consistently missed tonight. Compound that with drops, bad whiffs by the OL, and DJ getting battered on the first series of the game.

Nobody besides Rome, Westy, and Fautanu showed up on offense. And the end result was predictable.

He showed what he won't be able to do in the NFL...unless he has the best OL in 30 years.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So Huff is a god or isn’t? I’m confused.

I’d still fire him.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Penix looked bad. Not just missing throws but limping around all game.

For a guy who wasn't barely hit all year, with his injury history, it's not a vote of confidence for his durability at the next level.

He can kill it if he has a great OL and a strong run game in the NFL though.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For a guy who wasn't barely hit all year, with his injury history, it's not a vote of confidence for his durability at the next level.

Penix after UT = top 20 pick

Penix after Mich = late 3rd

JFC glass bones and just mysterious misses at the most randome times
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    Founders Club

Yeah, he's probably a third rounder, like @Houhusky said.

He was pretty brittle at IU. They don't have good offensive lines, and chances are you'll have a suspect line in the NFL some seasons also.

I like the guy, but he didn't have it tonight. He's a bit thin, too.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    Founders Club

Penix had a bad game but a lot of that was due to how good Michigan’s defense was. They were the more complete team.

Exactly my take away. Penix shit the bed but the MI defense had a lot to say about it. Credit to MI.

• Options
    pawz said:

Penix had a bad game but a lot of that was due to how good Michigan’s defense was. They were the more complete team.

Exactly my take away. Penix shit the bed but the MI defense had a lot to say about it. Credit to MI.

Nah, michigan d wasn't actually that good... Penix missed multiple TDs that would have completely shifted the game... not entirely his fault, but he had lots of opportunities, chances that he hit against UT
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Houhusky said:

pawz said:

Nah, michigan d wasn't actually that good... Penix missed multiple TDs that would have completely shifted the game... not entirely his fault, but he had lots of opportunities, chances that he hit against UT
    If Penix made half of the 10 - 12 dimes he made against UT, this game has a very different feel and possibly different outcome. I don’t recall seeing one in stride ball thrown. Most were behind or over thrown. Not having a serviceable RB and an anemic OL performance was too much to overcome.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 184
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He had some costly drops, Nixons was a killer. He catches that in the flat he scores. Polk dropped another easy 1st down that keeps them rolling.
    He did miss Odunze for 7 early.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    Founders Club

He had some costly drops, Nixons was a killer. He catches that in the flat he scores. Polk dropped another easy 1st down that keeps them rolling.

Polk had that ball swatted by the DB
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was good D but it seems like a play they make this year. Just that night. Maybe the Michigan DB is that good I don't fucking know.
  • Options

It was good D but it seems like a play they make this year. Just that night. Maybe the Michigan DB is that good I don't fucking know.
    very important. All year, lots of plays eneded up working that "shouldn't" have... Polk, DJ, Rome... lots of plays that shouldnt have worked but guys made plays... not a single time tonight...
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

That ball was thrown behind Polk, where the DB was able to make the play to swat it away. This was one of many uncharacteristically poor throws by Penix tonight. Michigan game planned and executed well to negate Washington’s strengths and were able to rattle Penix. Seems play calling didn’t address this to settle him down and get a rhythm. He was the Dr. Jekyll GOAT hero in the Sugar but the Mr. Hyde villain tonight.

I love him too; he made watching UW football fun again. I can’t imagine anyone feeling more disappointed by tonight’s outcome than him.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    Swaye's Wigwam

That ball was thrown behind Polk, where the DB was able to make the play to swat it away. This was one of many uncharacteristically poor throws by Penix tonight. Michigan game planned and executed well to negate Washington’s strengths and were able to rattle Penix. Seems play calling didn’t address this to settle him down and get a rhythm. He was the Dr. Jekyll GOAT hero in the Sugar but the Mr. Hyde villain tonight.

I love him too; he made watching UW football fun again. I can’t imagine anyone feeling more disappointed by tonight’s outcome than him.
    Correct.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

UW looked tight from the get-go. Even DeBoer looked like a guy who just lost his best client to Farmer’s top salesman.

This seems worth bumping