Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Nacho has landed

2»

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,747 Swaye's Wigwam
    You guys are doing a bang up job of telling me where to not go. Thanks.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741

I felt the impact when the plane hit the ground

Yeah, one of the landing strips might be out of service for a couple days.

Currently in retail hell at the Galleria. Mrs Nacho wanted some new UW swag and we weren’t sure if the Adidas would be sold out. They were.
    Where’d you end up finding swag?
    Swag at the fan center was shit
    You don't like your option of 3 t-shirts in 3 different color palates?

Swag at the Fan Center was shit. I spent $180.
  • Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    Bought my wife a sweatshirt with cowboy boots on it but almost returned it after she told me I wasn't a "real" Washington fan.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    When I saw the title all I could picture was one of the generic townsfolk from Blazing Saddles saying "Hide the women and Velvetta!"
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

What exactly is chicken fried chicken?

It’s a chicken fried steak but with chicken breast instead of steak.

At this restaurant they have a jalapeño white gravy that is 👌
    Is this picture AI generated
    It’s real. It’s glorious. It’s delicious.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

I felt the impact when the plane hit the ground

Yeah, one of the landing strips might be out of service for a couple days.

Currently in retail hell at the Galleria. Mrs Nacho wanted some new UW swag and we weren’t sure if the Adidas would be sold out. They were.
    Where’d you end up finding swag?
    We didn’t.
    Swaye said:

When I saw the title all I could picture was one of the generic townsfolk from Blazing Saddles saying "Hide the women and Velvetta!"

The sheriff is a ___ ass! The sheriff is a ___ ass!

What’s he saying?

He’s saying the sheriff is a bad ass.

The sheriff was really a fat ass.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298
    Adapt overcome and win nacho! Play like a champion!

Swaye said:

The sheriff is a ___ ass! The sheriff is a ___ ass!

What’s he saying?

He’s saying the sheriff is a bad ass.

The sheriff was really a fat ass.
    Hahaha. We share the same brain.
    edited January 8

Had a bit of a Planes, Trains and Automobiles adventure last night with our Airbnb.

Whoever cleaned it did a crap job. Instead of hand towels, there were washcloths in the bathroom, 1 of which was hanging from shower towel hook and looked used. It actually had a stain on it. There was no shower mat, just a hand towel thrown down that looked like someone never picked up after their shower. The second bed looked like it had been slept in and a 10 year old who was late for school made it.

I contacted the host immediately and they swore the place had been cleaned. All the trash cans were empty with fresh liners so I took them at their word and told them the cleaners did a crap job.

Mrs Nacho is pretty goddamn pissed at this point but a. she picked the place (pro tip, always have your wife choose the lodging) and b. it was late; we were exhausted.

Head to dinner and grocery store and back to the Airbnb. Mrs Nacho starts putting food away (lots of it, obviously) and looks for silverware. Drawer is empty so she opens the dishwasher to find what looks like a moldy plate.

Contact the host again apologizes and said dishwasher should’ve been run. I reply the plate looks moldy like it’s been there a while.

Contact Airbnb and ask for a refund while Mrs Navho looks for a hotel. Get a reservation and a refund. Ended up at a Home2Suite 20 minutes south of midtown.

FML.

Let wife pick lodging is one of the skills I learned quickly when adjusting to married life. Where was this life advice when I needed it Nacho? Turns out a roadside La Quinta next to a fireworks stand and a salvage yard is not the romantic resort weekend retreat I had promised. Who knew?