Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One thing I love about DeBoer…

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
…is how stoic he is on the sideline. Downright Wooden-esque. It’s really something.

People wonder how his players are able to deliver in the clutch, over and over. The answer is multifactorial, of course. But one reason has to be the example he sets on the sideline. He will work over a ref once in a while. But when the game is on the line, DeBoer is utterly poised and stone-faced. It sets a tone.

Tonight, I re-watched the Sugar Bowl. Specifically, ESPN’s “Command Center” telecast, which is a split-screen with continuous cameras on both head coaches. Sark has matured some from his UW days, but he still paces around a lot, makes faces, chatters on his mic, and manifests nervous tics. Big stress energy. By contrast, DeBoer is an absolute rock on the Husky sideline, no matter how insane the shit gets. In fact, the higher the stakes, the more zen he exudes.

Does a head coach’s demeanor influence his players in those moments? I mean, DeBoer’s Huskies are 25-2, with so many games going down to the wire…

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark exudes my living room energy to a T. Luckily only my wubbly bubbly furballs meow and get nervous because of it. Not like I'm sending them into battle over here.

If you can't tell, I just got out of a 10-year relationship. Not with a cat; an American woman. And she took my dogs with her. I wish my dogs would come back.

What does wubbly bubbly mean and what happened with your American woman?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,327
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 5
    Canadawg said:

Sark exudes my living room energy to a T. Luckily only my wubbly bubbly furballs meow and get nervous because of it. Not like I'm sending them into battle over here.

If you can't tell, I just got out of a 10-year relationship. Not with a cat; an American woman. And she took my dogs with her. I wish my dogs would come back.

Can't give a good answer to your first question but as for your second, she's probably watching Love Island or bitching about life.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 5

Canadawg said:

She left him for saying things like wubbly bubbly furballs.
    Nah we actually mutually separated because my cold black heart refused to say that shit more often.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 5

Canadawg said:

Nah we actually mutually separated because my cold black heart refused to say that shit more often.

I often get weirded out by white checkered shirt guy in this gif. Devil incarnate, horns and all. He's right fucking there and nobody realizes.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I like that he was a proven coach before we hired him. Not some hot shot Johnny come lately offensive coordinator for a proven coach elsewhere.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 5

Canadawg said:

I often get weirded out by white checkered shirt guy in this gif. Devil incarnate, horns and all. He's right fucking there and nobody realizes.
    Speak for yourself. We(!) have remarked on @RaceBannon presence there for years.
    I remember this meme this now that you've mentioned it. I'm dusting off the cobwebs. Just like @RaceBannon every morning.