Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington assistant expects Dillon Johnson to play in national championship game against Michigan

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Now we need Jacque Robinson to appear out of nowhere to win this game… someone to pick up the blitz in the great tradition and grind out a few breakthrough burst into the secondary runs to kill the Michigan mojo.

Somehow that is going to happen, it’s the script.

One thing that i would be planning is to put Mr dependable into the backfield for some high quality power fullback fucking killer same time shit in this game… ta da.. our boy jack westover to act as a pick up the blitz and provide some power fullback outside the tackle football. I’d be doing it.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He has been making a few celeb appearances in the last few games
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s his El Cid moment. Suit him up.

(Race was there)
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They put Newton in for one play this last game... And then played Tybo Rogers in every other play that Johnson couldn't go.

I was praying that Tybo wouldn't fumble... you would think they'd go with experience in those late moments.

I surely still do not know what Newton has done to not at least get a couple touches a game.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Curious about the health of Westover and Muhammed. I heard grumblings of a more sinister shoulder injury than initially expected but since this isn’t the NFL we never get told shit. I wish they had to disclose.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would like Nixon as well. He was a competent football player. Tybo looks like he's going to fumble on every carry
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,596
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

They might want to be able to use Dillon as a backfield blocker and are thus acting like he will be a full participant, when in actuality he won't be a frequent runner.

But you don't say "he''ll just block but not run." IDK.

Yeah, this is my biggest concern. We need DJ back there to block, but if that’s all he can do Michigan will pick up on it pretty quickly.

And I don’t trust Tybo at all. I was spazzing when they ran the two toss plays in the redzone to him. He can’t block for shit, catch for shit, and I always feel like he’s due for a fumble.

I have no data to back this up but I would guarantee you Tybo has never been tasked with blitz pickup. If he’s in he’s running the ball or going out on a route.

Pump DJ with whatever designer painkillers they’ve been using all year and hope he can gut it out. He came off the field pretty damn hobbled in the Apple Cup and went for a buck fifty and two scores 6 days later. Those drugs.
    Exactly what I was thinking. He looked absolutely done against Wazzu and destroyed Oregon a few days later. Do that again.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm also always thinking Tybo is going to fumble when he's in - and it's just been a gut feeling. So to hear that so many others feel the same way, it's like a subliminal cosmic consciousness which I find spooky.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now we need Jacque Robinson to appear out of nowhere to win this game… someone to pick up the blitz in the great tradition and grind out a few breakthrough burst into the secondary runs to kill the Michigan mojo.

Somehow that is going to happen, it’s the script.

One thing that i would be planning is to put Mr dependable into the backfield for some high quality power fullback fucking killer same time shit in this game… ta da.. our boy jack westover to act as a pick up the blitz and provide some power fullback outside the tackle football. I’d be doing it.

Jaques was a scout team true freshman who caught James eye late in the 81 season. He became the Rose Bowl mvp that year

Rogers was on a similar track but kind of got derailed
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He played badly enough and looked injured enough the whole game against Texas. Didn’t he average 2.5 yards per rush or something?

I hope this isn’t something where the staff plays him, even though UW would be better off with the backup.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Sandra6 said:

I hope this isn’t something where the staff plays him, even though UW would be better off with the backup.

In Grubb I trust.