Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Duck fans continuing to cope with their grief

Chuckaduck
Posted on 4 hrs, V I P, User Since 265 months ago

At first I was disappointed they won but I have found the new bright side of it.

Two times in my life, once in Phoenix and once in Dallas, I packed my Duck wear, hopped on a plane, met up with friends, drank all weekend laughing about yesterday and talking about "our team playing in the Natty tomorrow!!!" Headed to PHX I thought Auburn would win. In the end, it was right there for us. Going to Dallas I was fairly sure we were going to win..........and we didn't.

I can't think of anything in my shallow little life that made me more disappointed than those two nights watching the same type of friends and family hugging, laughing, crying for joy that their team had won a National Championship that night. The bars that night, the hotel, the airport the next day they were everywhere. It made me feel even worse when some of them would say "y'all have a great team." It absolutely SUCKED. And many of us have personally been through it twice.

I want that for UW's fans. Their titles were handed to them by sportswriters and polls. I want them to know how much it sucks to lose on the field and have to watch the other team's fans jumping around like they just won the lottery while you stand there with your d&ck in your hand as about as sad as you have ever been. I can't think of anything that will make me happier this early in

Steadyrollinduck
Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 113 months ago

The bright side is that I'm highly confident that is is a one off\ season for Washington For years to come I think they will be closer to a middling Big 10 team and never seriously challenge for championships like this Duck program will. As I said in a recent post, I compare this Husky team to like the TCU team of last year. Except there is no one on the level of the 2022 Georgia team standing in their way.

But even that is a bit annoying because the majority of Husky fans will probably accept that. But for years to come they will always say "but we won a championship" while this Duck program faces the real possibility of always being in the playoff but always falling a little short.

BurlyDuck90
Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 253 months ago

I found myself relishing that exact same thought. I'm surrounded by family and friends that are somehow pulling the northwest/Pac solidarity angle here, and they don't understand my hatred.

I think the difference is that they don't experience the pretentious douchenozzle husky fans that come to this board, or live over on dawgman. If it weren't for that collection of mouth breathers, we may be able to give their team more props as if they maybe a Utah or most other Pac teams. But I can't stand the idea of just how much more insufferable those dbags will be if they win

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    haie said:

They still don't get it about DeBoer.

That reality is too much to take for them. They will be in perpetual denial.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    edited January 3

Chuckaduck lays his happiness on whether or not kids win a football game. He doesn’t watch for fun. He watches to give himself a purpose in life. If Oregon wins the national title he thinks it will bring him joy. It will for a couple weeks. Then he’ll realize his life sucks, he will realize he has no purpose, and he will still be a miserable man.

Many mallards on the pond are on suicide watch this week and next.

Apparently new Unis aren't enough to dull the deep ongoing pain.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
    Beyond pathetic
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809
    I'm going to Medieval Times in Dallas before I head down to the game, so I already win. Sko and 3, bitches.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,187

Chuckaduck
    Posted on 4 hrs, V I P, User Since 265 months ago

At first I was disappointed they won but I have found the new bright side of it.

Two times in my life, once in Phoenix and once in Dallas, I packed my Duck wear, hopped on a plane, met up with friends, drank all weekend laughing about yesterday and talking about "our team playing in the Natty tomorrow!!!" Headed to PHX I thought Auburn would win. In the end, it was right there for us. Going to Dallas I was fairly sure we were going to win..........and we didn't.

I can't think of anything in my shallow little life that made me more disappointed than those two nights watching the same type of friends and family hugging, laughing, crying for joy that their team had won a National Championship that night. The bars that night, the hotel, the airport the next day they were everywhere. It made me feel even worse when some of them would say "y'all have a great team." It absolutely SUCKED. And many of us have personally been through it twice.

I want that for UW's fans. Their titles were handed to them by sportswriters and polls. I want them to know how much it sucks to lose on the field and have to watch the other team's fans jumping around like they just won the lottery while you stand there with your d&ck in your hand as about as sad as you have ever been. I can't think of anything that will make me happier this early in

Steadyrollinduck
    Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 113 months ago

The bright side is that I'm highly confident that is is a one off\ season for Washington For years to come I think they will be closer to a middling Big 10 team and never seriously challenge for championships like this Duck program will. As I said in a recent post, I compare this Husky team to like the TCU team of last year. Except there is no one on the level of the 2022 Georgia team standing in their way.

But even that is a bit annoying because the majority of Husky fans will probably accept that. But for years to come they will always say "but we won a championship" while this Duck program faces the real possibility of always being in the playoff but always falling a little short.

BurlyDuck90
    Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 253 months ago

I found myself relishing that exact same thought. I'm surrounded by family and friends that are somehow pulling the northwest/Pac solidarity angle here, and they don't understand my hatred.

I think the difference is that they don't experience the pretentious douchenozzle husky fans that come to this board, or live over on dawgman. If it weren't for that collection of mouth breathers, we may be able to give their team more props as if they maybe a Utah or most other Pac teams. But I can't stand the idea of just how much more insufferable those dbags will be if they win

tell me youre a fan of truckstop glory holes without telling me youre a fan of truckstop glory holes.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Postal91 said:

I'm going to Medieval Times in Dallas before I head down to the game, so I already win. Sko and 3, bitches.

Harry Hines Blvd is far better than Medieval Times

#DallasSuperiorityGuy