Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on the weffs.

2»

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    Texas was holding on nearly every play in the 4th, but they were just done calling it at that point.

I think there were only two calls for which Texas had a legitimate beef: That was totally a blown block in the back call. Not only directly in the back, but after the play was dead. Also, Penix was totally over the line of scrimmage on that first down throw to the sideline.

On the flip side, the big bomb over Mohammad that caused all the late drama was after a bad push-off, but I didn't want it called because it's never called and would therefore look like shit officiating if it finally were in that moment. Lots of missed holds on Texas' line, as previously stated.

On the balance, decently officiated.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 632

what jumped out at me last night was Texas had a lot of really good players but they were really undisciplined.

no idea why though.

I have a good military buddy who is a UT grad and in the 99th percentile of the Longhorn fan intelligence curve (admittedly a low bar, but still), he was in disbelief at how retarded sark was last night and how poorly prepared they were to start the game. I have been telling him this day would be coming for the last several years, inevitable with sark. None of their fans can fully accept what he is yet, it’s fascinating psychology. maybe they took that Kim Grinolds love letter to heart.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,932 Founders Club
    OreDawg said:

what jumped out at me last night was Texas had a lot of really good players but they were really undisciplined.

no idea why though.

I have a good military buddy who is a UT grad and in the 99th percentile of the Longhorn fan intelligence curve (admittedly a low bar, but still), he was in disbelief at how retarded sark was last night and how poorly prepared they were to start the game. I have been telling him this day would be coming for the last several years, inevitable with sark. None of their fans can fully accept what he is yet, it’s fascinating psychology. maybe they took that Kim Grinolds love letter to heart.
    One thing I’ve noticed about UW defense is that they typically start games fast which helps when the offense does the same.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,168
    OreDawg said:

no idea why though.

not sure if your friend heard but sark 'had the first 40 plays scripted,' sure sounds like sark was 'prepared.'