Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HOUSTON ROLL CALL

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@WoolleyDoog and I are now crunching the numbers. Coin flip

If I found enough money in my couch cushions for this game so too can you.
    We can both afford it. Money is not really the issue. Just a matter of getting time off and getting things covered at home.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,228
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

@WoolleyDoog and I are now crunching the numbers. Coin flip

If I found enough money in my couch cushions for this game so too can you.
    Is there a black market for canned vegetables? Maybe sneak out a few dozen cans between now and Friday?
  • Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

When is everyone getting down there? I’m getting in Saturday afternoon, and my buddies don’t fly in til Sunday morning, so I’m down for a platonic HH meetup. What place had the hottest BBQ and coldest beer in town? I mostly need a witness since I’m going to be alone and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover said he’s going to rape me. Please bring bear spray.

As I recall from the other Houston thread, I think we're both staying near the Medical Center, but I won't be getting in until pretty late on Saturday. Decent chance I get tanked on my flight and am ready for a late night tryst of my own with @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    I don’t get in to Dallas until Sunday morning so either keep the train on the tracks all night or start early. Should be in Houston around 4-5pm Sunday.

If anyone wants to meet up, I already told @dirtysouwfdawg that my plan is to arrive around UH train stop area (I think that’s the recommendation from @Sobchak_Security, if not, please correct me) 3-4 hours before kickoff. Now that Im offering a circle jerk, call it minimum 4 hours before kickoff (kickoff is 6:30?).

@Sobchak_Security is there a brewery in that area you’d recommend?
    Should clarify the UH Downtown stop is probably one short of where you want to be. The Main Street stop is in the middle of the stuff.

Flying Saucer is on Main Street, right there near the train stop, and is your best bet for beer in the area that's not a brewery. They have everything local and everything not local. Link: http://www.beerknurd.com/locations/houston-flying-saucer

St. Arnold's is probably the most popular brewery. Couple minutes from downtown and opens at 11am on Mondays.

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    There is also a bad mojo factor to it. I’ve watched every game with loved ones and friends and I feel like I’m creating a bad superstitious environment if I left
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,023
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll be there. Gonna stay a couple days with some friends in Frisco. Might catch the Griz in their Natty game on Sunday. Figure the least I can do is support them for theirs since they made our run possible.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,228
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

When is everyone getting down there? I’m getting in Saturday afternoon, and my buddies don’t fly in til Sunday morning, so I’m down for a platonic HH meetup. What place had the hottest BBQ and coldest beer in town? I mostly need a witness since I’m going to be alone and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover said he’s going to rape me. Please bring bear spray.

As I recall from the other Houston thread, I think we're both staying near the Medical Center, but I won't be getting in until pretty late on Saturday. Decent chance I get tanked on my flight and am ready for a late night tryst of my own with @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    I don’t get in to Dallas until Sunday morning so either keep the train on the tracks all night or start early. Should be in Houston around 4-5pm Sunday.

If anyone wants to meet up, I already told @dirtysouwfdawg that my plan is to arrive around UH train stop area (I think that’s the recommendation from @Sobchak_Security, if not, please correct me) 3-4 hours before kickoff. Now that Im offering a circle jerk, call it minimum 4 hours before kickoff (kickoff is 6:30?).

Should clarify the UH Downtown stop is probably one short of where you want to be. The Main Street stop is in the middle of the stuff.

Flying Saucer is on Main Street, right there near the train stop, and is your best bet for beer in the area that's not a brewery. They have everything local and everything not local. Link: http://www.beerknurd.com/locations/houston-flying-saucer

St. Arnold's is probably the most popular brewery. Couple minutes from downtown and opens at 11am on Mondays.

TYFYS yet again.

Ok, so assuming Mrs Nacho is game, I’ll be setting up shop on my rascal at one of these 2 places. If you’re interested in linking up, shoot me a DM with your phone number and I’ll text you. You’ll know it’s me. Meet up around 2:30ish on game day.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,526
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

TYFYS yet again.

Ok, so assuming Mrs Nacho is game, I’ll be setting up shop on my rascal at one of these 2 places. If you’re interested in linking up, shoot me a DM with your phone number and I’ll text you. You’ll know it’s me. Meet up around 2:30ish on game day.
    How do you feel about DM’d dick pics with phone numbers written on said dick? Asking for a friend
  • Options
    Founders Club

TYFYS yet again.

How do you feel about DM’d dick pics with phone numbers written on said dick? Asking for a friend
    How am I gonna get whole number?
    Really? In the middle of the store? Fine. I’ll write the area code on the other side and send two pics. You happy now?
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 191
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m in! Staying @ a Buc-ees parking lot in the back of @ ‘78 Datsun hatch. Rental car, green, pimped out bed in the back. Just like the old days… I’ll be transiting the Chinook Tunnel early Friday morn, should be ok.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,805
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I have free tickets and a hotel. Problem is I can't afford airfare. Fuck me, fuck you, fuck everyone.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I have free tickets and a hotel. Problem is I can't afford airfare. Fuck me, fuck you, fuck everyone.

Give like 5 ZJs, and you’ll be able to afford it
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,805
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 4

I'll head over to aurora
  • Options
    EastCoastDoogEastCoastDoog Member Posts: 98
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If anybody knows of anybody who might be selling two tickets, please message me. I’ve got flights and an Airbnb booked. Just need to pull the trigger on a couple tickets.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,164
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll head over to aurora
    You hit your quota there and I’ll be your first customer once you make it to Houston! I’ll have a special tip waiting for you.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,164
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fudgie and others. If you’re still trying to figure out airfare try https://justfly.com/. It lets you cobble together different airline options to get the best deals. Also allows you to fly in and out of different airports if that makes sense logistically for you. It’s the easiest to navigate of anything I’ve found. Wish I’d booked a few days early though…