Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pemmy for Buttler Cabin's thoughts.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I've never understood how you get better at basketball by playing guys that don't belong on the same court as you ...

If you want to be a better player, learn how to handle the pressure. You learn that by playing in these kinds of games.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I honestly never gave a fuck. I think the whole thing got overblown.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If you're still paying attention to Husky basketball, you are the problem.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I've never understood how you get better at basketball by playing guys that don't belong on the same court as you ...

If you want to be a better player, learn how to handle the pressure. You learn that by playing in these kinds of games.

Because those non conference games UW has played the past few years against big time opponents (Duke, UConn, Indiana, Ohio State, etc) have made Romar's teams so much better. I get what you are saying, but not playing Gonzaga has had nothing to do with how Romar's teams have played.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Means one of two things...

1 - Pressure is finally building on Rollball and Husky bball. He'd never willingly get taken to the woodshed year in and year out by the Zags.
    2 - Rollball is planning to retire.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW has a basketball team?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

UW has a basketball team?

#WeAreaRowingSchool

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    My sources are telling me Romar is recruiting a monster class.

#backtotheNIT
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    When romar actually figures out how to coach he may be able to take advantage of the prospective recruiting class. Sadly, the kids will need to rely on themselves to develop.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

When romar actually figures out how to coach he may be able to take advantage of the prospective recruiting class. Sadly, the kids will need to rely on themselves to develop.

Romar just needs more time to figure out how to coach.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Disagree. Romar has actully done a pretty good job of developing players from a skills perspective while he's been here. There's a reason he gets so many guys into the league, and it's not that he's an ace recruiter. Guards, particularly, tend to flourish under Romar's toutelage, Abdul Gaddy notwithstanding.

The problem is that while Romar is great at developing player's skills, he's not great, or even good, at developing a cohesive offense. His development is good, but his X's and O's are bad to terrible.

Thankfully, it looks like he'll be going back to more of the flex offense and away from the high poast, which was just a terrible move for UW's personnel.

These new guards will develop pretty well, and a couple of them will play in the league. But none of them will play in the Elite 8.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Disagree. Romar has actully done a pretty good job of developing players from a skills perspective while he's been here. There's a reason he gets so many guys into the league, and it's not that he's an ace recruiter. Guards, particularly, tend to flourish under Romar's toutelage, Abdul Gaddy notwithstanding.

The problem is that while Romar is great at developing player's skills, he's not great, or even good, at developing a cohesive offense. His development is good, but his X's and O's are bad to terrible.

Thankfully, it looks like he'll be going back to more of the flex offense and away from the high poast, which was just a terrible move for UW's personnel.

These new guards will develop pretty well, and a couple of them will play in the league. But none of them will play in the Elite 8.
    THIS

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Newz to me! Thanks 4 the headz up!
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited August 2014
    dnc said:

I was referring to team development, not personal success after college. I really don't care what the guys do in the nba overall, I care what they do together at UW. Romar is a big part of taking a great amount of talent and making it worse as a unit.

It's nice to see guys do well in the NBA, but overall his job is to win with his players at UW, not make them into fine NBA players. Hopefully he's able to do both because it does lend itself recruiting when you can point to alumni in the NBA. More often than not, many of his players do well in the nba, which makes you ask the question what is the missing piece of the puzzle in college?

BTW, Romars inability to admit he screwed the pooch on the high post offense is the perfect example. It was a bad experiment. Wrap it up and go back to what makes you good. Instead, we have watched 3 years of inept play and continued mantra of "the team will get it next year".
  • Options

dnc said:

I was referring to team development, not personal success after college. I really don't care what the guys do in the nba overall, I care what they do together at UW. Romar is a big part of taking a great amount of talent and making it worse as a unit.

It's nice to see guys do well in the NBA, but overall his job is to win with his players at UW, not make them into fine NBA players. Hopefully he's able to do both because it does lend itself recruiting when you can point to alumni in the NBA. More often than not, many of his players do well in the nba, which makes you ask the question what is the missing piece of the puzzle in college?

BTW, Romars inability to admit he screwed the pooch on the high post offense is the perfect example. It was a bad experiment. Wrap it up and go back to what makes you good. Instead, we have watched 3 years of inept play and continued mantra of "the team will get it next year".
    Teams play defense in college basketball.

HTH
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Jerreau was capable of running the high post offense ... nobody else was. When he got hurt ... everybody was screwed.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Teams don't play offense in college basketball.

HTH
  • Options

dnc said:

Teams don't play offense in college basketball.

HTH
    Yeah but still...