Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC, 6 commits, all in the trenches

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013

Houhusky said:

The running game also suffered due to extremely predictable play calling... I tracked play calling for a few games last year and shortly discovered a disturbing trend. If Sark ran a "failed" pass play (incomplete, sack, or less than 2 yards) on first down Sark's next call was a running play over 80% of the time, this trend continued at a similar rate for the rest of the year. If I can figure that out, any fucktard defensive coach not named AWESOME Holt can. The offensive line blocking is pretty inconsistent and seems to fluctuate wildly from game to game. Sankey is pretty good, RB development has been surprisingly good during the Sark era. However I think that the RB coach has moved on?

I noticed this his first few games and it has driven me nuts for the last 3 years.

If Sark calls a pass on 1st and 10, and if its incomplete or like you said a "failed" pass play he calls a run play almost every time. It's annoying that a drunk fuck like me can notice that shit. How easy do you think it is for an opposing college football coach that gets paid millions of dollars to see more complicated shit than that?
    Same thing with the going deep after a turnover. 95% of the time, it is a wasted down. Sark did this every time last year. I mentioned it in the Apple Cup and everyone I was with noticed it as well.

Like you said, of some drunk fans can notice his trends, you think the opposing coaches who watch a shit load of film aren't going to see the trends? You would also think Sark and staff would self scout these things, notice what they are doing, and fix it.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

this is a solid, congruent poast.

Was it classy?

I have to admit, it's one of a very few by PLSS that I could decipher on the first read through.
    Well Dabone, you've never been recognized as brilliant. Read more of my posts, you might learn something about college football instead of hiding your ignorance behind a wall of sarcasm and semanices. You and Kim are a lot alike

Sad that you still don't get it and are completely lost on every thread. Might want to take a step back from the key board for a while and pour some gasoline on yourself.
    If you are here to be at your chest, you won't last long.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,468 Founders Club

this is a solid, congruent poast.

Was it classy?

I have to admit, it's one of a very few by PLSS that I could decipher on the first read through.
    Well Dabone, you've never been recognized as brilliant. Read more of my posts, you might learn something about college football instead of hiding your ignorance behind a wall of sarcasm and semanices. You and Kim are a lot alike

Sad that you still don't get it and are completely lost on every thread. Might want to take a step back from the key board for a while and pour some gasoline on yourself.
    Its fine if you want to tell someone to pour some gasoline on themselves but if you don't tell them to light a match you're gone
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

The running game also suffered due to extremely predictable play calling... I tracked play calling for a few games last year and shortly discovered a disturbing trend. If Sark ran a "failed" pass play (incomplete, sack, or less than 2 yards) on first down Sark's next call was a running play over 80% of the time, this trend continued at a similar rate for the rest of the year. If I can figure that out, any fucktard defensive coach not named AWESOME Holt can. The offensive line blocking is pretty inconsistent and seems to fluctuate wildly from game to game. Sankey is pretty good, RB development has been surprisingly good during the Sark era. However I think that the RB coach has moved on?

I noticed this his first few games and it has driven me nuts for the last 3 years.

If Sark calls a pass on 1st and 10, and if its incomplete or like you said a "failed" pass play he calls a run play almost every time. It's annoying that a drunk fuck like me can notice that shit. How easy do you think it is for an opposing college football coach that gets paid millions of dollars to see more complicated shit than that?
    Same thing with the going deep after a turnover. 95% of the time, it is a wasted down. Sark did this every time last year. I mentioned it in the Apple Cup and everyone I was with noticed it as well.

Like you said, of some drunk fans can notice his trends, you think the opposing coaches who watch a shit load of film aren't going to see the trends? You would also think Sark and staff would self scout these things, notice what they are doing, and fix it.
    I am not sure what the explanation is or which is worse?

1) Sark doesnt watch game footage so he doesnt notice his own trends
    2) Sark watched his game footage but still doesnt notice his own trends
    3) Sark know he has obvious trends but doesnt care
    4) There is no one intelligent enough working for Sark to have noticed he has predictable trends
    5) There is no one brave enough working for Sark to tell him he has predictable trends
    6) Sark doesnt listen to the lower down people telling him he has predictable trends
  • BertWinthropBertWinthrop Member Posts: 38
    Sark has become like any two-bit despot dictator who proclaims himself all-knowing, and demands "heads on a platter" to any who oppose his "iron" will.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,899 Founders Club