Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC, 6 commits, all in the trenches

Even under sanctions Kitten gets it. I wonder what Sark would do with 15 free lunches. He'd prolly have 3WR's , 1 2-star DE, and 2 linebackers who wouldn't start at San Diego St. Kiffin recruits offensive linemen better under sanctions than Sark does with a full boat.

No worries, Micheal Kniep (a walk on) is going to start over Sark's entire 2011. on-line class. Then last years Big-3 is going to sit on the bench for 4 years, 2 of which will be under a new head coach. Way to go Sark, thanks for building up the most important position group on the team. uEven your new homicide offense wont work when NOBODY on the oline can get out and pull, run and block downfield. I'd hate to be Sankey. poor dude is going to have to shake and bake, spin, make people miss to reach 1000 yards like last year. Imagine if he had a Andrew Peterson or Benji Olson out in front of him on every play. screen passes to Sankey? (not in Sarks playbook)

I don't think I ever saw Sankey have a lead blocker @ the second level under Sark. If Sankey ran behind a good oline he'd be capable of the Doak Walker. That's how good he is .

0Please Sark go out and sign 5 good olinemen for our next head coach!

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
    this is a solid, congruent poast.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Was it classy?

I have to admit, it's one of a very few by PLSS that I could decipher on the first read through.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013
    Besides the LSU game, I thought Sankey got decent blocking. It wasn't great, but our OL was above average at run blocking. The problem was Sark does not stick with it and stalls drives by trying to get cute. He frequently wastes plays. He would try to pass after we were successfully running the ball and the result was often a sack or incomplete pass that would basically kill the drive. He also wastes the first play after every turnover by trying to go deep every time. The other team knows it is coming, and it never works. It's so fucking frustrating.

A smart coach tries to make it easy for his players to succeed. In other words, you play to your strengths. Last year, we had an OL that couldn't pass block and an immobile QB, but we still threw the ball often, and ran read option. Sark is stubborn and runs what he wants to run, whether he has the personnel to do it or not.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Was it classy?

I have to admit, it's one of a very few by PLSS that I could decipher on the first read through.
    Well Dabone, you've never been recognized as brilliant. Read more of my posts, you might learn something about college football instead of hiding your ignorance behind a wall of sarcasm and semanices. You and Kim are a lot alike

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    that would be" semantics" (word correct)

that would be" semantics" (word correct)

Or you could just edit the post, Cuntwaffle.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
    god I love that word. don't know why, but I do.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good post. Aren't we on the big white kid from Tumwater? He should be good......
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    You don't win football game by having a legit line. You win games by throwing a bunch of bubble screens to 4* recievers for a gain of 2.

Simple fact.
    If we're going to start bashing 2-yard gains from bubble screens, I'm out

You can't just run the ball every time! You have to keep the defense guessing. Those 2 yard bubble screens loosen the defense up.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    The running game also suffered due to extremely predictable play calling... I tracked play calling for a few games last year and shortly discovered a disturbing trend. If Sark ran a "failed" pass play (incomplete, sack, or less than 2 yards) on first down Sark's next call was a running play over 80% of the time, this trend continued at a similar rate for the rest of the year. If I can figure that out, any fucktard defensive coach not named AWESOME Holt can. The offensive line blocking is pretty inconsistent and seems to fluctuate wildly from game to game. Sankey is pretty good, RB development has been surprisingly good during the Sark era. However I think that the RB coach has moved on?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    How come when Oregon or Arizona run bubble screens on us the guy is wide open and has blockers and it goes for 15 yards but when we run it, the WR already has a CB draped over him when he catches the ball and falls forward for 1 yard?
  • BertWinthropBertWinthrop Member Posts: 38
    Bubble screen in Sark's playbook has an asterisk and at the bottom of the page the caption reads, "Bubble Screen a.k.a. Our O-line can't pass block for shit...the defense will never know it's coming...Oregon runs it, so can we!"
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

You can't just run the ball every time! You have to keep the defense guessing. Those 2 yard bubble screens loosen the defense up.

Those bubble screens are an extension of the running game!!!!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Was it classy?

Well Dabone, you've never been recognized as brilliant. Read more of my posts, you might learn something about college football instead of hiding your ignorance behind a wall of sarcasm and semanices. You and Kim are a lot alike

Burn!
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Even under sanctions Kitten gets it. I wonder what Sark would do with 15 free lunches. He'd prolly have 3WR's , 1 2-star DE, and 2 linebackers who wouldn't start at San Diego St. Kiffin recruits offensive linemen better under sanctions than Sark does with a full boat.

No worries, Micheal Kniep (a walk on) is going to start over Sark's entire 2011. on-line class. Then last years Big-3 is going to sit on the bench for 4 years, 2 of which will be under a new head coach. Way to go Sark, thanks for building up the most important position group on the team. uEven your new homicide offense wont work when NOBODY on the oline can get out and pull, run and block downfield. I'd hate to be Sankey. poor dude is going to have to shake and bake, spin, make people miss to reach 1000 yards like last year. Imagine if he had a Andrew Peterson or Benji Olson out in front of him on every play. screen passes to Sankey? (not in Sarks playbook)

I don't think I ever saw Sankey have a lead blocker @ the second level under Sark. If Sankey ran behind a good oline he'd be capable of the Doak Walker. That's how good he is .

0Please Sark go out and sign 5 good olinemen for our next head coach!

Sark will be starting his 5th season without a proven unit of interior offensive linemen of Pac-12 starting quality or caliber. The operative word on this kafuffle is proven which means that whomever starts from tackle to tackle will have to prove themselves immediately with dominating performances at home against Boise State and against Illinois on the road where Sark's offenses have hardly been dominating against anybody. And then they'll have to stay healthy against Idaho State and beyond for there is no proven OL depth in backup and when was the last Husky OL to make through a 12-game season without injury.

This is a daunting task for a collegiate football program to get this far into a rebuilding program with no proven results in either the offensive or defensive lines. I had a thought during Spring practices that Sark and staff had gone to the no-huddle hurry-up offense in scrimmages not so much to introduce a new offense for the purpose of compensating for the lack of a proven offensive line, but perhaps to prepare an equally unproven defensive front to stop such offenses run by opponents. Thus, we might steal one or two more upset wins with tough defense like the Dawgs did last season over Stanford and OSU.

Wouldn't it be nice to start winning games again with defense and not have to worry so much about Sark's playground youth club offense?

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

The running game also suffered due to extremely predictable play calling... I tracked play calling for a few games last year and shortly discovered a disturbing trend. If Sark ran a "failed" pass play (incomplete, sack, or less than 2 yards) on first down Sark's next call was a running play over 80% of the time, this trend continued at a similar rate for the rest of the year. If I can figure that out, any fucktard defensive coach not named AWESOME Holt can. The offensive line blocking is pretty inconsistent and seems to fluctuate wildly from game to game. Sankey is pretty good, RB development has been surprisingly good during the Sark era. However I think that the RB coach has moved on?

I noticed this his first few games and it has driven me nuts for the last 3 years.

If Sark calls a pass on 1st and 10, and if its incomplete or like you said a "failed" pass play he calls a run play almost every time. It's annoying that a drunk fuck like me can notice that shit. How easy do you think it is for an opposing college football coach that gets paid millions of dollars to see more complicated shit than that?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167

Houhusky said:

I noticed this his first few games and it has driven me nuts for the last 3 years.

If Sark calls a pass on 1st and 10, and if its incomplete or like you said a "failed" pass play he calls a run play almost every time. It's annoying that a drunk fuck like me can notice that shit. How easy do you think it is for an opposing college football coach that gets paid millions of dollars to see more complicated shit than that?
    If you guys keep revealing this sort of info you won't be allowed to watch practices or games anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Was it classy?

Sad that you still don't get it and are completely lost on every thread. Might want to take a step back from the key board for a while and pour some gasoline on yourself.