Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Troy Dannon trying his best to make the Sugar bowl feel like a home game for Texas

BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011

UW too cheap to get enough hotel rooms for the band. They must be really expensive right?

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    Never an issue when I was in school, they sent the whole band to the Sun Bowl of all places.

I imagine they’ll find a way to make it happen. Texas’s band is enormous, however, so it would look quite embarrassing if we sent a bunch of scrubs in soft pants.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    What size do we typically send? Is it the same group that went to the Champ game? Are we fighting to get 150 there instead of 120? Would be interesting to know the numbers and who is being left out of the travel.

“But Stephanie has played the tuba the best on the scout team, and though she’s redshirting this year she deserves the trip”….. or are we just be stingy?

Please add more context and I’m sure the tree will appropriately shake if necessary.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    I remember a coach from late 80s perhaps bitching about travel roster limits. "But they're sending all the bandsmen!" I don't remember who or when it was, but the line continues to chortle me. /csb
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    Also, FYI to Jamaal, if that is his real name, they can work around all those limitations if they cared enough to do it (see: be willing to accept the price gouging of flying commercial and pay it.)

It was never a problem for Rose/Holiday/Sun. To be fair, we flew charter in those years but still….
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam

I will agree that the band should ideally be there. But I will add that Mrs Housewives of Montlake left for LA with a big deficit in her wake. So to just flippantly say that UW has "plenty of $" may not be all that accurate.

Still, maybe put a call out to donators to help send the whole band.

Hard to help fundraise when you're shopping for leopard print from bougie boutiques that look like TJ Maxx clearance specials.

If someone can't sell this program to boosters and find new ones right now they need a new line of work...
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,931 Founders Club
    Our band was embarrassing compared to what Auburn brought with them in Atlanta in 2018.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Our band was embarrassing compared to what Auburn brought with them in Atlanta in 2018.

Not surprising, was basically a home game for auburn and they start school before that game. that was probably less then 100 people. First game of the season a month before schools starts isn't going to be the same as a bowl game even if they payed up for the whole band. If UW cared about football they would move to a semester system so students would be there for the first three games.
    Screw that. Semesters suck. You lose half of the summer. Those of us who relied on forest service and dnr jobs, mostly firefighting, to make the money we learned on for most of the school year would've been hosed.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    edited December 2023
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,931 Founders Club
    Bread said:

Maybe we shoild hire Navy's AD. He gets it.

No trigger warning?