Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

All of Dillon Johnson's P12CG blocks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He reminds me of a smaller LeGarrette Blount. DJ isn’t as big but they have the same running style
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He reminds me of a smaller LeGarrette Blount. DJ isn’t as big but they have the same running style

He is way faster than Blount, and he runs into contact much harder than Polk
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

He's a more herky jerky Chris Polk.

I don't remember if Polk could pass block, but I still like Polk more as a runner. He also had way less space to work with.

Very similar guys.

Polk was a good blocker too. Probably not equal to Johnson but still good.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

He's a more herky jerky Chris Polk.

I don't remember if Polk could pass block, but I still like Polk more as a runner. He also had way less space to work with.

Very similar guys.

I love me some Chris Polk.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is way faster than Blount, and he runs into contact much harder than Polk
    DJ sells out to hit guys and get positive yards but he usually goes down in the process. Polk broke more tackles and got more yards after contact, turning a lot of dead plays into big gains by refusing to go down. He could also stop and start and shift laterally quicker than DJ.

I'm not picking one over the other. Don't twist. Polk is one of my favorite players ever at UW but I'd take either guy.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2023

Who needs to develope RBs when you find absolutely freaks of nature at schools with a losing record, who would rather shine for a 24-2 coach with the best line in the country?

Do not let the internet fool you. Wayne Tualapapa and UW ran the fucking ball down Pete Ks throat on this same Texas scheme last year. Wayne stiff armed a Texas DB to outerspace.

Johnson is an even more menacing big back with power that runs more downhill than any RB Ive ever seen in the Pac 12.

This is not a joke, by the way. The guy is big and fast and is looking to hit people. He has a weird running style which sometimes causes him to slip, but it punishes people and DBs get trucked. Its like he is falling forward when he makes contact while actually launching with momentum.

I have never heard pads pod on tackles for a UW RB like I did against the Ducks.

Most physical RB this conference has seen since Marshawn Lynch. The pass blocking is the cherry on top.

@priapism

He reminds me of a poor man’s Marshawn a bit. His running is unorthodox and looks a little out of control, but he always falls forward, is rarely brought down by the first guy, and he runs with bad intentions.
    This is actually a solid comparison, Marshawn obviously had more juice. They run so wide that it gives them a lower center of gravity despite being pretty tall for the position. It also looks unorthodox almost herky jerky and throws people off when they try to tackle them. He's such a stud.