Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is some of craziest sh** I’ve ever seen

2»

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Critical Immigration Theory incoming. Immigrants now beat blacks rather easily in the oppression Olympics. They use a group then discard a group, because the actual group is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,310
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    I for one welcome Harvard and Upen embracing free speech absolutism.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Leftards lie and love to be lied to. Same as it ever was.

https://ace.mu.nu/

Christopher Rufo points out that the reporters at the Harvard Crimson -- who are as ultrawoke as any -- are honest enough to admit that Gay plagiarized, whereas "the apparatchiks" at the New York Times claim that "scholars say" that not all plagiarism is plagiarism. Right, Regime plagiarism is not plagiarism, just like treason unpunished is no treason, for if it is unpunished, then it must not have been treason.

Dr. Carol M. Swain @carolmswain
    I rarely get angry, but I am angry right now about the racial double standards that are TEMPORARILY giving #ClaudineGay an opportunity to resign. White progressives created her and white progressives are protecting her. The rest of us have had to work our rear ends off to achieve success. Some get it handed to them. #Adversityofdiversity #DEI # affirmativeaction #HarvardisAntisemitic #PresidentGay
    And that was before Harvard cleared her completely.

Gay, of course, claimed that Harvard could not forbid students from calling for intifada because it followed a policy of very strong protection of free speech, even speech it disagreed with.

Two days after telling that lie to Congress -- perjuring herself -- Harvard cancelled a planned speech that a Congressman was to give at Harvard.

In the interim, he mocked Gay's farcical commitment to free speech.

Harvard then canceled the event.

On the afternoon of Friday, December 8, Harvard's John Adams Society, a conservative-leaning student group, was to host a discussion on the future of U.S.--China relations and their ramifications for American industrial policy, featuring Reps. Jake Auchincloss of Massachusetts and Ro Khanna of California. The planned event was cosponsored by American Affairs, the heterodox policy journal edited by Julius Krein (and where--full disclosure--I've published a single piece).
    A month earlier, on November 6, David Vega, a current student affiliated with the John Adams Society, booked a room through the proper channels and received an email from the Faculty of Arts and Sciences confirming the room and the event. "YOUR ROOM HAS BEEN CONFIRMED," read the confirmation email, which I've reviewed. The administration even offered audiovisual assistance and day-of contact information; everything seemed to be going swimmingly.

As the days went by, various Harvard authorities helped the organizers and congressional staff through the byzantine campus process. When Auchincloss's chief of staff reached out to the Harvard events team to discuss security, Christine Haverty, director of events management, replied, "Thank you! For this, you would work with the team planning the event and Harvard University Police," adding: "They are wonderful!" ...

The planning process continued. There were no ominous signs. As recently as December 5, Harvard confirmed the event as scheduled and set to go forward. Then, that same day, Gay gave her Washington testimony--you know, the one where she insisted the sacred principle of free speech protects even extreme anti-Jewish animus, depending on the context. Two days later, on December 7, the student organizer received an email informing him that the event was canceled....

What happened between December 5 and December 7? Gay's congressional testimony took place on December 5. Auchincloss published a statement on December 6 mocking her for her supposed commitment to free speech. "Harvard ranks last out of 248 universities for support of free speech," Auchincloss said. "But when it comes to denouncing anti-Semitism, suddenly the university has anxieties about the First Amendment. It rings hollow." On December 7, the event was canceled.

A Harvard spokesman claimed that the university has "no record of an event registration request," notwithstanding the registration confirmation reviewed by The American Conservative and dozens of back-and-forth emails between organizers and Harvard staff, all predicated upon the fact that the event is registered and moving forward.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,388
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

It's interesting that they all have the same response. "It depends on the context"

But Trump says anything about good people on both sides and it's fucking mayhem in the streets

Yup typical double standard
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Only goes one-way: their way.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,310
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only goes one-way: their way.