Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Olbermann FS

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited August 2014 in NFL Talk
I used to love the Olbermann and Patrick Sportscenter duo, but the dude's sanctimonious bullshit has to stop. Anyone else catch him calling for Goodell to resign because his stance on Ray Rice wasn't strong enough?

Since when is it the commissioner's responsibility to go above the law? Rice committed a crime, and THE LAW responded with no jail time. The NFL commissioner still issued a two game suspension for a crime that was determined to be worth ZERO JAIL TIME. And Olbermann thinks the commissioner should step down because it was too weak? WTF?

Dude (and the rest of ESPN) needs to STFU about this. Domestic violence sucks. What Rice did was awful. But if you want to do something that will actually make a difference, how about going after the pussy domestic violence laws in our cuntry and the lawmakers who make them rather than pretending that if Goodell suspended Rice for one year (which would have been wholly inappropriate) that that would somehow have fixed something.

I especially loved Olbermann asking why it wasn't as strong as the suspension of Big Ben, then cutting to Goodell saying Big Ben was a multiple time offender, then Olbermann going off on how he was too soft on Big Ben. If you're going to hold up other suspensions as the standard of how this should be judged, then hold them as the standard. You can't then turn around and say they weren't good enough either.

This is Damone's outrage of the day 101. "Look at us, we are against men hurting women! We're raising awareness!!!!" And not one less woman is going to be harmed thanks to their stupid stance.

Direct your anger somewhere it could possibly make a difference Olbermann. Until then, just STFU.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't really care for the whole THE LAW argument. But I do agree that it's just the outrage of the day.

If there was no video no one would be talking about this. Just like every other time this has happened.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Sometime, you just have to choke a bitch
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Thanks for watching. ;)
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2014
    I thought Keith was pretty solid in his case to see Goodell resign. TMZ released the video of him dragging her out. Pretty brutal. I am certain any employer that had video of their employee do this would suspend or fire the employee.

tmz.com/videos/0_c5nk3w3n/
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

I thought Keith was pretty solid in his case to see Goodell resign. TMZ released the video of him dragging her out. Pretty brutal. I am certain any employer that had video of their employee do this would suspend or fire the employee.

Are you going to boycott the NFL?
  • Options
    jecornel said:

good god, you're a pussy. Downvote a Chris Rock quote? Fuck off.
  • Options

I don't really care for the whole THE LAW argument.

Upvoted for the rest of the poast.

You don't think the fact this went before a judge and the judgement came down with no jail time is relevant here? IMO it means either a) this isn't as big of a deal as TMZSPN is making it out to be, or b) if it is a big deal, the outrage is sorely misplaced and should be aimed at the fact he didn't get any jail time.

As someone who's worked with quite a few victims of DV, I'm firmly on the side of B, btw. I think the laws are far too lenient. But to me that's where the outrage belongs, not with the NFL. Directing at the NFL makes you look good in front of certain people, but accomplishes nothing.
  • Options
    dnc said:

You don't think the fact this went before a judge and the judgement came down with no jail time is relevant here? IMO it means either a) this isn't as big of a deal as TMZSPN is making it out to be, or b) if it is a big deal, the outrage is sorely misplaced and should be aimed at the fact he didn't get any jail time.

As someone who's worked with quite a few victims of DV, I'm firmly on the side of B, btw. I think the laws are far too lenient. But to me that's where the outrage belongs, not with the NFL. Directing at the NFL makes you look good in front of certain people, but accomplishes nothing.
    It's similar to the cancer tweets.... who is "for" cancer? #bringourgirlshome........
  • Options
    Dick_B said:

Sometime, you just have to choke a bitch

I'm not saying I'da killed her...but I understand.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm against beating the shit out of women, but I support keeping a strong pimp hand.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I'm against beating the shit out of women, but I support keeping a strong pimp hand.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Magic don puppy love taught me dat
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I doubt boycotting would change anything... I think dialogue and debate are better solutions.

Lots of angry people out in the forums sphere....no wonder so many people drown themselves in alcohol...
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dick_B said:

jecornel said:

good god, you're a pussy. Downvote a Chris Rock quote? Fuck off.
    Domestic violence is nothing to joke about. Unless they die. Then it's funny
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be wrong to joke about such things. Wrong.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Blackie's lack of Nicole Brown Simpson pictures in this thread speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blackie's lack of Nicole Brown Simpson pictures in this thread speaks volumes.

@TheGlove‌
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dick_B said:

dnc said:

It's similar to the cancer tweets.... who is "for" cancer? #bringourgirlshome........
    I'm at the grocery check out and get asked "would you like stop a child from going hungry?"

Why no, no I wouldn't. I'd like to see them all starve. Same with cancer donations. When the fuck did the grocery store become the guilt factory? Can we make you say out loud in front of everyone in line that you are a heartless bastard that hates kids?
    I'm assuming this was Ralph's. One day, they did that shit and I pulled out a $5 to get them to shut the fuck up and leave me alone. They didn't accept my money and said I had to use a credit card paying $26/month (less than $1 a day!!!!11).