Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mississippi State QB Will Rogers in transfer portal

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As a fan Ward is more interesting to me. As others have said I'm hooked on big throws

But DeBoer gets paid the really big dollars so whatever
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

His highlights are very underwhelming.

@RaceBannon is famous for showing Heaners highlight at UW. He turned out okay with DeBoer.
    DeBoer had his worst season with him

If you suck you suck
    Yes, his worst year ever. You’re right. DeBoer and Heaner were 7-2 in their league together. If DeBoer and Rogers go 7-2 in the B1G, UW is likely headed to the playoffs.
    Disagree. If they go 7-2 we’re drinking purple kool-aid in Jonesboro together.

Deboner is about to get paid and he’s going to have to deliver every year.

In deboner I trust.
    Jonesboro Arkansas? You sick fuck!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,001
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@RaceBannon is famous for showing Heaners highlight at UW. He turned out okay with DeBoer.

If you suck you suck
    Yes, his worst year ever. You’re right. DeBoer and Heaner were 7-2 in their league together. If DeBoer and Rogers go 7-2 in the B1G, UW is likely headed to the playoffs.

In deboner I trust.
    Jonesboro Arkansas? You sick fuck!
    *Jonestown. I can’t do anything right.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If you suck you suck

In deboner I trust.
    Disagree. Going 7-2 in the B1G next year would not be koolaid worthy unless everyone who could leave came back. If Rome, Fautanu, McMillan, Polk, and Rosengarten all bounce, I’d take a 7-2 conference record right now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well fuck you guys for not allowing me to doog and set high expectations for next year. Don’t give me the “realistic” bullshit either. Not buying it, I’m all in with deboner, not the D coaches, so time to be a contender all the time.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's year one of the B1G. Playing a bunch of limp dick offenses and teams that haven't played us at all.

Don't think there will be this huge drop off unless we have a bunch of staff turnover. Maybe.

Actually think that the Pac is going to come in wipe their dicks all over these schools. Except for UCLA and their dead man walking hc.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

As a fan Ward is more interesting to me. As others have said I'm hooked on big throws

But DeBoer gets paid the really big dollars so whatever

Instead of 30 yard laser outs and 60 yard TD bombs, this team will look more the the intermediate throws we saw so much from the Ducks. As long as they're scoring 30+ a game, I'm happy. Longer drives = higher TOP which rests the D. Win, win, win.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    Founders Club
    haie said:

It's year one of the B1G. Playing a bunch of limp dick offenses and teams that haven't played us at all.

Don't think there will be this huge drop off unless we have a bunch of staff turnover. Maybe.

Actually think that the Pac is going to come in wipe their dicks all over these schools. Except for UCLA and their dead man walking hc.

Agree. UW and Oregon are going to cause big problems. SC maybe, UCLA nah.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

There are some very concerning stats when it comes to rogers. If you go through his actual game log, he puts up stats, against the shit teams. Check out his game long vs anyone who was considering top 25 and it's a very different qb. I'm not saying I could light up Vanderbilt(but i probably could). I'm very concerned that we're falling in love that he has a decent arm, and he's available. Not looking deeper into his actual performance against teams with a pulse.

TL:DR yes, Kalen still wins for football eval and what he can create with his abilities, however nothing about his stats or film are particularly interesting considering other options in the portal. For once, get a booster to write a check to cam ward and we can just move on. It would be especially fun since ward would be the ultimate FU to the mountain west bound cougs.

I think he is just the most realistic option and that is all it is. They probably would rather take ward but he seems to be after a bag. What qb in their right mind would consider the shit show that is the cristobol passing game?

They could go after a chiles or Murphy, but would that mess with the locker room and guys that were already recruited here?

They likely want a junior or senior qb and are giving. Mack and Davis the chance to compete for a starting role after next year. Just my take.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For what it’s worth I think they need to very careful with handing out bags to guys who are going to instantly impact the team. I think this seems to be the strategy but giving a bag to someone who will not make a difference for a year or two just seems like a recipe for a toxic locker room.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There is a ton to like about Rogers. Sure his arm strength is about average but other than that, what is not to like? He will also be surrounded by more talent at UW and an even better scheme than what Leach ran.

He is the perfect balance to a very high upside guy like Austin Mack. Also, Mack should get his feet wet against Weber State and and / or Eastern Michigan to start the season.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2023

For what it’s worth I think they need to very careful with handing out bags to guys who are going to instantly impact the team. I think this seems to be the strategy but giving a bag to someone who will not make a difference for a year or two just seems like a recipe for a toxic locker room.

That's what I wonder about too. Does a one-year rental at QB help us? next year when I think we know the overall team is going to take a bit of a step back? Wouldn't it be better to take a higher upside guy like a Murphy and let him develop over next year or two (and compete with Mack, and Davis, along the way) as we try to reload the barren cupboards left by Lake (and Peterman)?

I guess maybe it does if it keeps McMillan and/or Polk (and DJ?) around for one more year, and/or helps us land more offensive talent overall. If we take Rogers, it would seem to suggest we think there is a chance we? can keep those guys if we? can put a good value proposition on the table for them across NIL and potential blow-out stats again next year.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

That's what I wonder about too. Does a one-year rental at QB help us? next year when I think we know the overall team is going to take a bit of a step back? Wouldn't it be better to take a higher upside guy like a Murphy and let him develop over next year or two (and compete with Mack, and Davis, along the way) as we try to reload the barren cupboards left by Lake (and Peterman)?

I guess maybe it does if it keeps McMillan and/or Polk (and DJ?) around for one more year, and/or helps us land more offensive talent overall. If we take Rogers, it would seem to suggest we think there is a chance we? can keep those guys if we? can put a good value proposition on the table for them across NIL and potential blow-out stats again next year.
    i think we've seen the best of what rogers can offer in an "air raid" offense. He wasn't impressive in that type of offense where his entire job is just to chuck the ball. I don't see him as being such a huge upgrade over one of the other younger players that you may develop and have for 2-3 years. Ward being the exception where i think he could step in and dominate(and keep players around at the WR position). I don't think rogers convinces anyone to stay
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

i think we've seen the best of what rogers can offer in an "air raid" offense. He wasn't impressive in that type of offense where his entire job is just to chuck the ball. I don't see him as being such a huge upgrade over one of the other younger players that you may develop and have for 2-3 years. Ward being the exception where i think he could step in and dominate(and keep players around at the WR position). I don't think rogers convinces anyone to stay
    If DJ tells any WR on the fence that the guys a winner and a DUDE then that may carry some weight.