Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shocking update on Gameday

Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

It’s fucking bullshit daniels is going to win the heisman over penix. Stat padder vs winner.

There's just such a wide disparity in their numbers. And Penix objectively fell off the wagon down the stretch and was no longer single handedly carrying the team. Daniels is a deserving winner.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If this were the NFL, Penix wins league mvp and Daniels wins Offensive Player of the Year. Heisman has always been about stats, only, regardless of how hollow they are. The list of trash QB's who have won it is long.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I feel like this thread is getting off topic
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

@PineapplePirate just wants to focus on the Big Penix. Can’t say I blame him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I tried to put my wife back on topic and she made some reference to bama
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

If this were the NFL, Penix wins league mvp and Daniels wins Offensive Player of the Year. Heisman has always been about stats, only, regardless of how hollow they are. The list of trash QB's who have won it is long.

Huh?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21677799/peyton-manning-charles-woodson-randy-moss-1997-heisman-trophy
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Huh?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21677799/peyton-manning-charles-woodson-randy-moss-1997-heisman-trophy
    Congrats on finding the one exception ever.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

It’s fucking bullshit daniels is going to win the heisman over penix. Stat padder vs winner.

There's just such a wide disparity in their numbers. And Penix objectively fell off the wagon down the stretch and was no longer single handedly carrying the team. Daniels is a deserving winner.
    Meh. I just think there’s so much more pressure when you’re playing to go undefeated vs literally playing for nothing. You’re allowed to have a few poor games and get away with it. Penix showed up when it mattered most. If he was a qb at Bama/uga/tx/osu/Michigan, he’s the runaway heisman winner
    The problem for Penix is that he wasn't even really the MVP of the championship game. He had a good, not spectacular game and made a couple of money throws and got back over 300, but 1 TD and 1 pick. The MVP should have been Johnson and most people know it. The fact that it was given to Penix might help his Heisman chances, but I wonder how many voters will think otherwise. Hard to say.
    word
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't care about his stats, giving it to Daniels whose team didn't do shit this year and who was an absolute failure in the Pac 12 would be an abortion.

There's a chance his conference is really down this year outside of Georgia
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Things that

Dr. Pepper Fan Town commercials

That DP superstition one with Williams has messed me up a bit.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I don't care about his stats, giving it to Daniels whose team didn't do shit this year and who was an absolute failure in the Pac 12 would be an abortion.

There's a chance his conference is really down this year outside of Georgia

Things that have jumped the shark:

Heisman House commercials

On deck:

Dr. Pepper Fan Town commercials
    I was going to make a comment about the Heisman House but Derek would probably have to delete it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Meh. I just think there’s so much more pressure when you’re playing to go undefeated vs literally playing for nothing. You’re allowed to have a few poor games and get away with it. Penix showed up when it mattered most. If he was a qb at Bama/uga/tx/osu/Michigan, he’s the runaway heisman winner
    The problem for Penix is that he wasn't even really the MVP of the championship game. He had a good, not spectacular game and made a couple of money throws and got back over 300, but 1 TD and 1 pick. The MVP should have been Johnson and most people know it. The fact that it was given to Penix might help his Heisman chances, but I wonder how many voters will think otherwise. Hard to say.
    Most national media probably will forget that Johnson was that dude last night. On a bad wheel he had 28 carries and was a war daddy in protection.