Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Josh Pate

2»

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

RGIII isn't necessarily wrong in the tweet above. I feel kind of bad for Oregon fans (okay, not really at all, butt still): This is probably their second best team ever, and it's in a year where there's not really a juggernaut out there throat-fucking every opponent. There are several years in which this Oregon team wins a playoff game at the very least. Without Washington handing them their only losses, a world exists in which Oregon finally gets their natty and this place turns into Jonestown.

And yet this also happens to be the year Washington FINALLY gets a big dick gunslinger QB and is exactly (I think it's science at this point) three points better than Oregon. Shit timing for them. Great schadenfreude for us!

There about three different Chip-era teams that would beat these guys. This year's Ducks got fat on bad to average teams, put up some stats, but Nix is just not good enough.

Defense is not great either.
    Ducks have never had great defense, they're just opportunistic with turnovers and outscore the other team. They usually have a couple of studs on that side of the ball that would make the plays when needed. I think the average talent on that side of the ball with this year's team is as high or higher as I've seen it. No first round draft picks, but no real hole to exploit. With how balanced they are, I'm not so sure there are that many Chip-era teams that would beat them. Definitely one, maybe two.

This is the best Washington team since '91, and this Oregon team seems to be within three points. They don't suck.
    I would say UW exploited a lot of holes against Oregon's defense. Blew their asses off the ball. Built big leads both times we played them.

Oregon's d faced few quality offenses IMO.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

RGIII isn't necessarily wrong in the tweet above. I feel kind of bad for Oregon fans (okay, not really at all, butt still): This is probably their second best team ever, and it's in a year where there's not really a juggernaut out there throat-fucking every opponent. There are several years in which this Oregon team wins a playoff game at the very least. Without Washington handing them their only losses, a world exists in which Oregon finally gets their natty and this place turns into Jonestown.

And yet this also happens to be the year Washington FINALLY gets a big dick gunslinger QB and is exactly (I think it's science at this point) three points better than Oregon. Shit timing for them. Great schadenfreude for us!

There about three different Chip-era teams that would beat these guys. This year's Ducks got fat on bad to average teams, put up some stats, but Nix is just not good enough.

Defense is not great either.
    Ducks have never had great defense, they're just opportunistic with turnovers and outscore the other team. They usually have a couple of studs on that side of the ball that would make the plays when needed. I think the average talent on that side of the ball with this year's team is as high or higher as I've seen it. No first round draft picks, but no real hole to exploit. With how balanced they are, I'm not so sure there are that many Chip-era teams that would beat them. Definitely one, maybe two.

This is the best Washington team since '91, and this Oregon team seems to be within three points. They don't suck.
    I would say UW exploited a lot of holes against Oregon's defense. Blew their asses off the ball. Built big leads both times we played them.

Oregon's d faced few quality offenses IMO.
    A walk on the beach for perspective:

UW offensive players that are Sunday locks:
    Rome
    Fautanu
    BPE
    Rosengarten
    Polk
    McMillan
    DJ

Decent probability Sunday players:
    Westover
    Culp
    Brailsford
    Bernard

I could see it happening, but need more data:
    Cuevas
    Boston
    Ferndale boys

I'm probably forgetting a few on top of that. This is a shitty NFL offense playing college defenses. That offense should exploit holes in Oregon's defense even if Oregon's defense is good. This offense should have been elbow-deep in every team's ass that they've played this year instead of fucking around to one-score wins. This is the best offense Washington has ever fielded, period. The Ducks' defense has held it to a respectable number of points twice this season, IMO. They're fine. There is no offense as good as UW's that will be in the playoff picture. At least not from an NFL talent perspective.
    IMO Oregon's D did not look that talented against Texas Tech, USC, WSU, or UW. Pretty good but no wow factor or, "If UW had a couple guys like that they would be awesome," good.

Taki getting crucial reps is a red flag, the DBs are average, I can't name a linebacker...

Oregon built its "SEC" reputation on blowing out shitty offensive teams. I.e. shitty qbs.

Not facing Arizona was huge for Oregon. AZ would have been in the high 30's at least.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218
    Cuevas good when utilized so far. Not enough to really judge but impressive to date.

• gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,729 Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

who the fuck is josh pate