Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One more question:

2»

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2023

SECDAWG said:

Well i do like the idea of a playoff, but think it should be a top 8 affair and get rid of the conference championships because as the argument goes, most would be able to agree on the top 8

I also think “8 is enough”….SWIDT??

No way 9-12 is beating #1 unless they shit the bed…

Give me the P5 Champions(now is 4) and the next 4 best teams. If a G5 like Cincinnati year before last is in there(and got ass blasted by Bama) so be it. 8 is enough. BIG 12 Champ, B1G Champ, ACC Champ and SEC Champ and next best 4..

Point is, this “voting” like old days on who’s the best two to play is fun. It’s entertaining. It crowns…someone. But is not accurate in any fucking way. That’s IF we’re trying to say who’s the NC. If we aren’t, let’s not calm them the NC. Pretty Fukn simple. Call em…the choice of whoever. But not the NC.
    I agree with this 100%. Expanding to 12 is all about money, 8 would be perfect. Having byes is dumb.
    I don’t remember who I was to talking to about this ridiculous, but awesome, idea but we mused about making the whole damn regular season a playoff. Once you lose, you’re OUT! It would be like March Madness for football.

No one would ever go for it of course because it would majorly fuck up the @Logistics for starters, but it would be more entertaining than a 12 game playoff in my mind.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

Well i do like the idea of a playoff, but think it should be a top 8 affair and get rid of the conference championships because as the argument goes, most would be able to agree on the top 8

Give me the P5 Champions(now is 4) and the next 4 best teams. If a G5 like Cincinnati year before last is in there(and got ass blasted by Bama) so be it. 8 is enough. BIG 12 Champ, B1G Champ, ACC Champ and SEC Champ and next best 4..

Point is, this “voting” like old days on who’s the best two to play is fun. It’s entertaining. It crowns…someone. But is not accurate in any fucking way. That’s IF we’re trying to say who’s the NC. If we aren’t, let’s not calm them the NC. Pretty Fukn simple. Call em…the choice of whoever. But not the NC.
    I agree with this 100%. Expanding to 12 is all about money, 8 would be perfect. Having byes is dumb.
    This conversation is about CROWNING a NC. The very words, National Champion. How the Fuck can someone VOTE a NC?? That’s the old way and a lot of why we in the South balk on that idea. There’s many here including those I referenced still adhere to that idea. My point is, and many don’t like it, is there is only one way to find out WHO is the NC. Take this year…if it was strictly a vote, and this is happened in the past, left out an undefeated Auburn team, it’s a farce. No way can sports writers and soccer moms(I’m being facetious) VOTE the TWO best teams for a National Champion. And Crown em as such. Either We? Wanna find out. Or Not.

I have my picks. You have yours. We? Have many undefeated teams and good teams this year.

Bottom line. If we’re crowning a “National Champion” , the very term, “National Champion “, there’s only ONE WAY to find out. Or we can just ad lib it and have “Co Champs”…”Voted Champs” etc.

Bowls are fine. And we can all say who we THINK is the best. But it’s not accurate. Your best ain’t my best.

Getting back to yer point, 8 is enough. We don’t need 24 teams in there to decide this. This year proves we need 8. Bama could NOW be the best. They ain’t the same team as when TX beat em. By a long fucking shot. But 12? Meh. Bama May beat GA this weekend and if they get left out would be a travesty. To even think the SEC champ couldn’t beat 4 other top teams is ludicrous. But we are at 4. Now.

Point is, if WE are crowning a NC, let em prove it. Or let’s not and call it a voted good.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Kill the conference title games.

12 teams is too many.

All games should be played on campus until the natty. Bowls are dead.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Kill the conference title games.

12 teams is too many.

All games should be played on campus until the natty. Bowls are dead.

Disagree about the bowls. Yeah, many players opt out if it’s not playoff or NC implications but they serve a purpose for the younger players and the fans. Pretty much meaningless ie SEC “don’t wanna be there” stuff but it’s an extra game an practice and I, including other fans, enjoy the bowls. And watching the young guys play. They are pretty meaningless. But entertaining all the same. The Fans just need to realize the difference.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

I’ll make it even simpler. The 4 P5 champs play in the semis.

And my middle ground offer is 6 teams. Top 2 conference champs get a bye. Quarterfinal matchups are the 3rd and 4th conference champs host 5 & 6. This way a team like a Georgia this year could lose the CCG but still have a chance.

8 teams might work in a year like this but I think too often, you’re gonna see teams at 7 and below getting smoked.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even with 12 teams it is still a vote to get in

And that will be the next crusade for the whiners

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,348
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023

Even with 12 teams it is still a vote to get in

And that will be the next crusade for the whiners

So many “experts” don’t seem to get this. The whining will continue and it will be just as loud.

Arguing the strength of record for 9-3 teams is going to be special.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Drunk SECDAWG is best SECDAWG

I can't understand him drunk or sober
    Oh hell yeah you can. You just see my handle starting with “SEC” and you check out…
    Yeah, that must be it. It's not all the weird southern redneck talk.