Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One more question:

SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
I started a poll. However, for all you “we wished that some sports writers et al still voted for the best two teams” anointed, beautified, poll voting from nobody writers, Champion fuckstick era, guysms(pre BCS, y’all know, from 1900- WTFE)….discusss if that’s what y’all would still want now, being that WA for the second time has a chance to PROVE their worth on the field. Not a pre BCS shit, not a pre CFP shit… we’re talking some nostalgia, a body of no ones voting on the Rose Bowl Champs as the NC without proving it in the gridiron. I’m talking to YOU @RaceBannon and @YellowSnow specifically. Some of the most staunch, anti “prove it” guysms…Now that y’all, Washington, has a great chance to PROVE it against the best….

What’s wrong here in this era of CFB compared to olds voting? And how does it compare now that y’all have a legitimate team that may can PROVE, without all doubt…is it better? More fun? More entertaining? Or just as much FS as many has said because we hate the gridiron?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Let’s let em vote. Old school.
    Hell, tOSU against Bama. ..winner? NC bar none. Voted in.

“What? Wait a gatdamn minute, we are Washington and undefeated!! By Gawld.!!!

“Yeah? FU, we vote and you ain’t shit. Hi Auburn!” 👋

That’s how you olds still want this to work? Or you wanna know whose THE best? In CFB?

We can either keep the pageantry, or KNOW. I can tell y’all now, if you wanna keep the olds and “pagentry”, WA has NO shot this year. They would play in the Alamo Bowl. And GA and MI wouid go at the NC.

BUT, this ain’t the olds. We have, ,,,,….guess it,,,,..a fuckn playoff. Guess what WA gets to do if they beat the Ducks?

Yeah. Prove it ON the gridiron. That’s the worst word to the olds, GRIDIRON. It’s scary. It absolutely means, “prove it Motherfuckers” and nothing to do with “vote me”..
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    That looks like more than one question to me. Fuck me that's indecipherable.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    SECDAWG said:

bisonduck said:

That looks like more than one question to me. Fuck me that's indecipherable.

Your fucking asshole. Read agian.
    I have broke that shit down about as simple as I can to these west coast figs that still want a sports writing panel and coaches poll and soccer moms voting in the best two teams on the nation to play for a prestigious College Football National Championship.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Typically @SECDAWG type thread. Him responding to his own posts
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I didn't read any of the first two posts.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This ain't the NFL, pod.

We don't need no stinking play off and super bowl.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

This ain't the NFL, pod.

OK. Who right now would, in your glasses, play for the NC game to be crowned NC after they play??

I’d bet my picks are different. But I know what May settle it.

Serial. Who’s your #1 and # 2 right now? And of course, the winner is crowned.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

This ain't the NFL, pod.

OK. Who right now would, in your glasses, play for the NC game to be crowned NC after they play??

DWAGS and DWGAS
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

This ain't the NFL, pod.

DWAGS and DWGAS
    DWGAS and Wolverines.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

This ain't the NFL, pod.

DWAGS and DWGAS
    DWGAS and Wolverines.
    Wolverines played 1 tough team they already beat, but you're probably right they make it this time.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Well i do like the idea of a playoff, but think it should be a top 8 affair and get rid of the conference championships because as the argument goes, most would be able to agree on the top 8
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Drunk SECDAWG is best SECDAWG
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I can't understand him drunk or sober
  • Options

I can't understand him drunk or sober
    Oh hell yeah you can. You just see my handle starting with “SEC” and you check out…
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

This ain't the NFL, pod.

DWAGS and DWGAS
    DWGAS and Wolverines.
    Wolverines played 1 tough team they already beat, but you're probably right they make it this time.
    That’s the point of the thread. What YOU see ain’t what I see. I say GA Dawgs and Wolverines.

There are many that would agree. However, there are many(esp on the WEST coast) that would absolutely say fuck that shit…

I KNOW how we can settle this…
  • Options

I appreciate yer support, pod.
  • Options

Well i do like the idea of a playoff, but think it should be a top 8 affair and get rid of the conference championships because as the argument goes, most would be able to agree on the top 8

I also think “8 is enough”….SWIDT??

No way 9-12 is beating #1 unless they shit the bed…

Give me the P5 Champions(now is 4) and the next 4 best teams. If a G5 like Cincinnati year before last is in there(and got ass blasted by Bama) so be it. 8 is enough. BIG 12 Champ, B1G Champ, ACC Champ and SEC Champ and next best 4..

Point is, this “voting” like old days on who’s the best two to play is fun. It’s entertaining. It crowns…someone. But is not accurate in any fucking way. That’s IF we’re trying to say who’s the NC. If we aren’t, let’s not calm them the NC. Pretty Fukn simple. Call em…the choice of whoever. But not the NC.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

I also think “8 is enough”….SWIDT??

No way 9-12 is beating #1 unless they shit the bed…

Give me the P5 Champions(now is 4) and the next 4 best teams. If a G5 like Cincinnati year before last is in there(and got ass blasted by Bama) so be it. 8 is enough. BIG 12 Champ, B1G Champ, ACC Champ and SEC Champ and next best 4..

Point is, this “voting” like old days on who’s the best two to play is fun. It’s entertaining. It crowns…someone. But is not accurate in any fucking way. That’s IF we’re trying to say who’s the NC. If we aren’t, let’s not calm them the NC. Pretty Fukn simple. Call em…the choice of whoever. But not the NC.
    I agree with this 100%. Expanding to 12 is all about money, 8 would be perfect. Having byes is dumb.