Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

listen up dipshits

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Undefeated regular season

Two wins in a row over Oregon

11-2 last year

19 wins in a row

I'll mourn a loss when it happens. Until then, in the words of PLSS, sit down and shut the fuck up.

I'll take undefeated versus 10-2 with losses to ASU and Stanford. Oh but we beat cuog by 30!!! Who gives a fuck.

Winners win.

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No, YOU listen…

After tonight’s performance I’ve had enough of the “winners win” rhetoric just as much as I’m sick of the constant bashing of this team and coaching staff. There is an ABUNDANCE option of being excited about how the team has handled adversity and gifted us with an undefeated season (a rare feat), AND recognizing that the quality of play/coaching in all likelihood is NOT going to get us to the promise land.

This isn’t 1991, but it’s not 2008 either.

Ask 2010 Auburn if they're still upset about all of their close wins and lack of blowouts. Ride the lightning and dam the overflowing river of grievances.

Once (if?) we lose it'll be a flooding of biblical proportions, but until then everyone needs to recognize that this team makes no fucking sense and shut the fuck up about it.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,991
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    After 24 hours of walking on the beach to get some clarity and having a post deleted calling for a kneecapping, @Doog_de_Jour @AtomicDawg and @Doogles have all encapsulated my frustration the best. Thank you.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    "HairyBallsDawg" putting everything into context is possibly the most HH thing ever....

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Healthy McMillan firing on all cylinders is what’s been missing.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    RTD said:

Healthy McMillan firing on all cylinders is what’s been missing.

Wishful thinking.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It’s all about mindset. Positive or negative. You can find answers taking either path. Going12-0 in this era is a massive accomplishment. Unless you are FSU playing in an atrocious conference.

Some of us tilt toward pessimism or optimism. Blind optimism or pessimism creates tremendous blind spots. There is plenty of good and the six games plenty of bad.

Deboer’s greatest qualities is his sideline demeanor and his measured attitude in public. I can’t imagine seeing him behind the scenes. It appears to he gets the respect Don James did. He is built for this and is willing to take incredible risks and key moments. Some guys have it and most don’t.

This Friday is gonna be as intense as it gets.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I like to say that you never bet against human nature. The players cared about the games after Oregon as much as we? did - meaning all any of cared about is this next game against Oregon

Did Oregon perform better? Yes they had to. They lost. Again. They had to grab Washington coattails like a man in a windstorm

I've seen UW go 12-0 twice. I've seen Billy Joe Hobart and Michael Penix. I consider myself lucky

I really don't care how people handle this. Some folks just need to freak out. I get it. There is plenty to criticize and this isn't dawgman.

But it is a hell of a ride and UW is going to beat Oregon for the hat trick

If that happens, it will be the greatest sporting event of my lifetime!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

No, YOU listen…

After tonight’s performance I’ve had enough of the “winners win” rhetoric just as much as I’m sick of the constant bashing of this team and coaching staff. There is an ABUNDANCE option of being excited about how the team has handled adversity and gifted us with an undefeated season (a rare feat), AND recognizing that the quality of play/coaching in all likelihood is NOT going to get us to the promise land.

This isn’t 1991, but it’s not 2008 either.

Winners win

Hth
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

This Friday is gonna be as intense as it gets.

Sure hope they have the energy for that.