Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coaches need to be grilled on these three things

2»

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

We won

We could win better
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,394 Swaye's Wigwam

We won

We could win better
    The difference between a Dawg and a Coog.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    How many times did Dylan run for 7 right up the gut on 1st down and then they try to run a stretch play to the outside for nothing? 2nd and 3 almost always ended up 3rd and 3 or worse.

They coulda just fed Dylan up the middle and thrown a variation of screens to Odunze all f'n game if they wanted to.

It's also just a crime how little they're getting the tight ends involved. Westover needs 3-4 plays designed to hit him per game to keep the pass rush honest.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
    We clearly have the worst coaches of any 12-0 team in the country.
  • ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    Alexis said:

Calling time out when we had 3rd down right before half gave me flashbacks to Ty and Stanback. Was so stupid. The minute we called it it was so obvious we’d give up points.

This drives me crazy.... Giving the other team an extra possession when you don't have to is just awful from a game strategy perspective. It's like giving an opponent a free turn during a board game for no reason.

I got the feeling that we didn't respect the cougs enough to worry about the details and we didn't think they could score in that moment.... Very disappointing because I thought our coaches game management was a strong point a while back.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,000 Founders Club

jecornel said:

The three plays before the winning FG was some of the worst football I’ve ever witnessed. I self admittedly lost my cool. Absolutely insane. Unforgivable.

I lost my shit in the middle of my two year kid’s birthday party and swore in front of a bunch of little kids and my wife’s retired pastor grandfather. It was speshul.
    The parents should be thanking you for teaching their kids a valuable life lesson and also taking pressure off of them because now they won’t be the ones to teach their kids cuss words.
  • ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    The opinion around here on Grubs play calling is two things. 1. Penix is hurt and took the needle or a local on the ribs. 2. Or Grub is under pressure to get Penix the Heisman. I don’t believe Penix is hurt. I believe Grub is forcing the deep ball into coverage to get Penix the trophy against defensive coordinators that understands he forcing it and he still makes the play call. Gotta love the UW arrogance. Especially the 3rd down vs Oregon State with the game only the line. He is essentially calling his shot. I don’t think you will see that at all in the PAC 12 championship and the bowl game. Typical Oregon though, If An Oregon QB goes 500 against the UW they give him a trophy. Gotta love Phil night and the night Portland State State Vikings. So tough.