Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brock on Nix

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just can’t get over the play by play guy with the lazy eye.

how the fuck can he see the game?

Steve buscemi lookin ass.

I’d expect this kind of bullying from @dnc but from you? I’m not mad @rodmansrage, I’m just disappointed.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

I’d expect this kind of bullying from @dnc but from you? I’m not mad @rodmansrage, I’m just disappointed.
    ive said this in other posts but I stand with @dnc

and ive talked shit about this announcer before.

like cmon get a dude that can see straight.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

thats him.

and another thing, wtf was brock's deal on that roughing the passer penalty on penix? blandino said it was the legit call (helfrich would not have) so what is his deal? even his googly eyed partner could see that was a roughing and superb cuog moment.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ive said this in other posts but I stand with @dnc

and ive talked shit about this announcer before.

like cmon get a dude that can see straight.
    He has cerebral palsy. Cmon man. Jason is a good dude.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blandino said there was nothing about it that should have been roughing the passer. He was right. UW was bailed out.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    Swaye's Wigwam

Brock's great at what he does. Asking him to be a homer is stupid and is what the Jim Moores of the world do while Brock advances his career.

I take back everything I said. Even duck fans were commenting about how uncomfortable Brock's felating of Nix made them.

Then you have last night with all of Brock's "anything can happen in a rivalry game" nonsense, which ignores that the last decade plus of the Apple Cup has been the most routine handling of an inferior program that you'll ever see at the P5 level. The guy was an insufferable stream of every overused sports cliche and platitude you can come up with, despite the moment not at all calling for it. This was not an inspired cuog team playing their hearts out - they looked every bit the shitty 5-7 team they are. We just found new ways (once again) to not put the game away.

Brock *used to be* a Herbie type who was impartial and actually gave unique insight into the game. But he went full Rod Gilmore last night. I don't know what the fuck happened to him.
    I turned the sound off. It helped me stay calm.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It’s a FOX issue I think. Very similar to Joel Klatt. Unfortunately we have more to look forward to in the B1G
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It’s a FOX issue I think. Very similar to Joel Klatt. Unfortunately we have more to look forward to in the B1G

Fox is shit for college ball, always has been.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Excellent post.

Brock's great at what he does. Asking him to be a homer is stupid and is what the Jim Moores of the world do while Brock advances his career.

I take back everything I said. Even duck fans were commenting about how uncomfortable Brock's felating of Nix made them.

Then you have last night with all of Brock's "anything can happen in a rivalry game" nonsense, which ignores that the last decade plus of the Apple Cup has been the most routine handling of an inferior program that you'll ever see at the P5 level. The guy was an insufferable stream of every overused sports cliche and platitude you can come up with, despite the moment not at all calling for it. This was not an inspired cuog team playing their hearts out - they looked every bit the shitty 5-7 team they are. We just found new ways (once again) to not put the game away.

Brock *used to be* a Herbie type who was impartial and actually gave unique insight into the game. But he went full Rod Gilmore last night. I don't know what the fuck happened to him.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fox is shit for college ball, always has been.
    Excellent post.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Brock use to be pretty good. Now he tries way to hard to have a fellatio niche. Every play he needs to find someone and let you know how incredible they are. Just call the fucking game dude.

And every team has a Lebron James
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    Swaye's Wigwam

Brock use to be pretty good. Now he tries way to hard to have a fellatio niche. Every play he needs to find someone and let you know how incredible they are. Just call the fucking game dude.

And every team has a Lebron James
    Starting like 20-25 years ago it seemed the NFL went full on announcers just hyping up players to the point it's hard to listen to instead of just calling games. College football followed suit. I don't know maybe they have analytics that show that gets people to watch. People are idiots.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Before kickoff, Brock said in these rivalry games, that players can feel the presence of players past. Spiritual field of dreams stuff

Does that include previous left handers who threw 5 pics to the cougs?🤔
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Most cfb personalities struggle to contain their fandom for their school but Brock consistently seems disgusted by his connection to UW.

Coming back from commercial his partner brought up that Brock had played in the Apple Cup and waited for comment about it. Brock legit went dead air