Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I almost feel bad for these guys...

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
almost.
This is crazy. Pre-smart phones. None of my kids, who are now all grown and out of the house, were even born yet. I wasn't married, still single and living in LA. Race could still get it up without chemical assistance. Crazy long time ago.

Comments

• Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    So you've never played in a National Championship game? Would you like me to tell you about it? I can also tell you what it's like to win a playoff game too if you like.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

So you've never played in a National Championship game? Would you like me to tell you about it? I can also tell you what it's like to win a playoff game too if you like.

I can tell you what’s it’s like to win a national championship but congrats on your participation trophies.
    Really, what was the National Championship game you played in like? What was the final score? Was it a come from behind victory or did you lead the entire way? Defensive struggle?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Oregon got voted in

And lost

Funny I recall playing in National Champion game. Two of them in fact. One we lost by a FG and the other we got our ass kicked. I even recall winning a playoff game. It was weird because it was in the Rose Bowl, but it wasn't a Rose Bowl win, it was a college football playoff win. Craziest thing, you need to do that sometime.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Oregon got voted in

And lost

Funny I recall playing in National Champion game. Two of them in fact. One we lost by a FG and the other we got our ass kicked. I even recall winning a playoff game. It was weird because it was in the Rose Bowl, but it wasn't a Rose Bowl win, it was a college football playoff win. Craziest thing, you need to do that sometime.
    I recall you got voted in

And lost
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

I can tell you what’s it’s like to win a national championship but congrats on your participation trophies.
    Really, what was the National Championship game you played in like? What was the final score? Was it a come from behind victory or did you lead the entire way? Defensive struggle?
    Again, you are way too old to be parroting this juvenile Quook nonsense
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

And yet...
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

beyond pressing lol

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Oregon got voted in

And lost

And lost
    Voted in and we played a game. You were voted in and didn't play any game. Seems different to me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Weird how you don't seem to be able to answer those "juvenile" questions.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Oregon got voted in

And lost

And lost
    So why has it been so long since UW won a game in January? You guys have been back and kicking ass now since 2016. What happened? And why no win in January last year? You guys beat Oregon, nothing else mattered, surely you kicked ass in a New Year's Day Bowl game, right?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

I forget what year did you play in a National Championship game?
    "Nobody was ever a champion prior to the playoffs being invented."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Weird how you don't seem to be able to answer those "juvenile" questions.
    Someone your age should never be caught dead pretending to think there were no champions in the first 100 years of CFB. It’s unbecoming.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

Oregon’s first championship game they got voted into was similar to 91 in that they had to go unbeaten to get there.

And lose

It actually got easier with 4 teams. Oregon and Washington got voted in with a loss

And lost

Now every skank on the street will get voted into the 12 team

And the anxiety we are feeling over the next two weeks isn't there

Both would be in

Legit lold at “skank.”