Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Mexico State must be elite

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I mean, they beat Allbarn by 3 touchdowns right?

Shut the fuck up about the SEC

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    @SECDAWG

Heh. FMB finds a gem in the rough, as many teams have every year, and this is a big deal.

There’s a reason haters do this.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2023
    FMB is a typical hater. Can not except the FACT the SEC has won the last 13-19 NC, lost ONE CFP appearance in 4 years, albeit to an SEC team and have had MULTIPLE teams this century win the NC, not just a couple.

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

FMB is a typical hater. Can not except the FACT the SEC has won the last 13-19 NC, lost ONE CFP appearance in 4 years, albeit to an SEC team and have had MULTIPLE teams this century win the NC, not just a couple.

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

*accept
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

SEC has not won all those titles. Two schools in the SEC won them. The rest of the conference is as mediocre as anywhere else in the nation.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

SEC has not won all those titles. Two schools in the SEC won them. The rest of the conference is as mediocre as anywhere else in the nation.

Florida
    LSU
    Bama
    Georgia

Pac 12 has USC
    Big has Ohio State
    Acc has Clemson and Florida State
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

4 but still.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023

SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

Florida
    LSU
    Bama
    Georgia

Pac 12 has USC
    Big has Ohio State
    Yeah, but still.

I'm not rolling all the way back to Florida 15 years ago with Tebow and Urban. I guess the real number is 3 (out of 14) between 'Bama, UGA, and LSU. Those are the only programs in the SEC that are worth a damn. Saying "SEC" is BS coattail riding that loser programs like Mississippi State use to pop off.
  • Options
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

Florida
    LSU
    Bama
    Georgia

Pac 12 has USC
    Big has Ohio State
    You forgot Auburn
  • Options
    Founders Club
    It's a little easier when you play each other, or you get preferential treatment (2 loss LSU) every year.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    8 game schedule, OOC is Troy State (home), Tennessee School For Parapalegics, and SW Florida International Basket Weaving Academy, then some neutral game in Orlanda, Atlanta, or Dallas
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

Florida
    LSU
    Bama
    Georgia

Pac 12 has USC
    Big has Ohio State
    Yeah, but still.

I'm not rolling all the way back to Florida 15 years ago with Tebow and Urban. I guess the real number is 3 (out of 14) between 'Bama, UGA, and LSU. Those are the only programs in the SEC that are worth a damn. Saying "SEC" is BS coattail riding that loser programs like Mississippi State use to pop off.
    He said 13 of 19 and Bill is right it's 5

Come on man that's impressive

And look at our pod

• Options
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

Jealousy. Poor boy.

I see it all over.

Florida
    LSU
    Bama
    Georgia

Pac 12 has USC
    Big has Ohio State
    Yeah, but still.

He said 13 of 19 and Bill is right it's 5

Come on man that's impressive

And look at our pod

Joke's on me. I read his post as from 2013 to 2019.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club

8 game schedule, OOC is Troy State (home), Tennessee School For Parapalegics, and SW Florida International Basket Weaving Academy, then some neutral game in Orlanda, Atlanta, or Dallas

You’re barking up the wrong tree. The SEC is smart enough to protect its brand by only scheduling 8 games and OOCs with those schools and games. The PAC is all about equity.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442

You’re barking up the wrong tree. The SEC is smart enough to protect its brand by only scheduling 8 games and OOCs with those schools and games. The PAC is all about equity.
    SEC teams are able to sell out their wimpy OOC games, too. UW and the Pac-12, not so much.

Georgia got sellouts for UT Martin, Ball State, and UAB. We only got 90% full for Tulsa
  • Options
    Founders Club

It's smart, but it's bad for college football in the long run. That's been my point for many years. Pumpy went to Gorst heaven or wherever so I have to carry on the fight.
  • Options
    Founders Club

It's smart, but it's bad for college football in the long run. That's been my point for many years. Pumpy went to Gorst heaven or wherever so I have to carry on the fight.
    But that's not your point though. You've been arguing the SEC is weak because of the scheduling, not that it's bad for CFB.