Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GrundleGifSkins Gif Request Thread

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited November 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
DeBoer on-field interview with Fox sideline reporter (WOOD!) at end of 3rd Quarter.

Reporter asks Q.

DeBoer, “we need to focus on the little details. Like carrying the football across the goal line.”

@GrundleStiltzkin

TYFYS

Comments

• Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 491
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Deboer writing out a formation on paper to explain the rules to the sideline ref

I like having that kind of coach. And for those more schooled in these modern formations, can we get a general explanation?

To me it seemed the refs were wrong. If anything is was a “normal” TE/WR split and with the distance between the receivers the TE would not be considered covered and therefore eligible to be downfield.

If it was an issue of having too many on the line and not enough off the line, that wasn’t given as a reason. And Fox never re-showed the entire formation to see.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Deboer writing out a formation on paper to explain the rules to the sideline ref

I like having that kind of coach. And for those more schooled in these modern formations, can we get a general explanation?

To me it seemed the refs were wrong. If anything is was a “normal” TE/WR split and with the distance between the receivers the TE would not be considered covered and therefore eligible to be downfield.

If it was an issue of having too many on the line and not enough off the line, that wasn’t given as a reason. And Fox never re-showed the entire formation to see.
    I don’t think you can have too many on the line, only too many in the backfield.

I saw a screenshot of the formation on Twitter and the WR (I think Rome) was off the line especially compared to the WR on the other side of the field.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I liked the one of the Utes d coach, whose shirt said family or something stupid, was using signs and they were two guns pointed inward towards himself.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

DeBoer on-field interview with Fox sideline reporter (WOOD!) at end of 3rd Quarter.

Reporter asks Q.

DeBoer, “we need to focus on the little details. Like carrying the football across the goal line.”

@GrundleStiltzkin

TYFYS

Looses something without audio.