Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen Hire Brings Peace of Mind Back to UW Football

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited July 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
imagePetersen Hire Brings Peace of Mind Back to UW Football

Derek Johnson writes about how the hiring of Chris Petersen makes him feel like an adult is in charge of UW football again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Good chit derboot
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Is there a high resolution version of that Husky Stadium picture? My goodness.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Gladstone said:

Yeah, that there is screen saver material, that's what that is...
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Gladstone said:

Yeah, that there is screen saver material, that's what that is...
    Insert more appropriate citrus screensaver here.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Oh, I'd be remiss in not opining that the article is well done. Says a lot...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I don't know where you get this 5-4 thing. UW was 9-4 last year with a non-conference victory over a Big 10 team.

If Kim Jong Vino said that response to my FACE ... I'd have no problem giving him a 5 knuckle sandwich.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    How much did UW pay Sarkisian over those 5 years of barely above .500 performance and for rolling over and pissing himself against all of the good teams? I'm pretty sure he'll get along fine without my appreciation.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

That came off a camera phone.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Gladstone said:

It looks like it's been photoshopped up the kazoo. Staff, true?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Anybody that is too fucktarded to understand that 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 isn't a factual statement or that they are getting whooshed when used deserves to DIAFF.

Let's forget for a second the small little fact that Sark left Washington BEFORE the "Nobody Wants to Sponsor Us" Fight Hunger Bowl against a mediocre BYU team that would have basically been the equivalent of Utah in the PAC. The 8 wins that Sark did in fact get included Petersen's worst Boise team in the first game of Husky Stadium. Petersen's odds of success in that game rivaled Pickett's charge at Gettyburg and was only slightly better than Custard's Last Stand. The other two non-conference wins were against a piss poor Illinois team (that Sark did his best to be fucktarded enough to lose at the end) and the mighty Bengals of Idaho State who didn't belong on the field at Husky Stadium and was a downright embarrassment (you could argue that strong D2 programs at least offer some competition - but this was a bottom feeder of D2).

At the end of the day, Sark won 5 conference games (after starting the conference season at an awe-inspiring free pub 3-4) just like he did the year before and the year before that and the year before that.

Fuck total win total ... that only matters if you're trying to win a National Championship or in contention for a BCS (RIP) caliber bowl. Otherwise, you're playing for a conference championship and 5 wins a year means that you're not F3 levels of inept but that you can still look down and see your Johnson (albeit barely).
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Gladstone said:

"A" camera phone. Not your camera phone. I've seen your photography skills and you didn't fucking take that.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

"A" camera phone. Not your camera phone. I've seen your photography skills and you didn't fucking take that.
    I don't think you have any idea just how much your words hurt me.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    way to go coach peterton
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    if true, then "When Petersen was hired last December, Carol James, the wife of the late Don James, called Mrs. Petersen and congratulated her. "I think Don would be pleased by this news," Carol said later." works for me.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited July 2014
    We ducks kind of enjoyed the dude brah era, and mourn its passing.