Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fucking win.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Truth be told, I expect one last plungering in Autzen this year.

Probably. But 2015 is looking pretty good, no?
    Yes, that's when Peterman pops and Helfrich fires himself.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yes, that's when Peterman pops and Helfrich fires himself at halftime at the 50 yard line.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited July 2014

Yes, that's when Peterman pops and Helfrich fires himself.
    if you guys are really fucking lucky and there is an Allah, the Quooks will save him for going 8-5. That role reversal will be really bad.

But maybe Helf figures the job out and keeps the rivalry fun (this is my LIFPO mantra)
    I think there are still question marks about this year's UW team. For starters, I'm not sold on Miley Cyrus just yet. Also, this OL is still the OL that was (not) recruited by Sark. The defense should get better, but as long as we have a credible receiving threat (not 5*, all world, just credible) I think we will be able to stretch you out and create the seams that our offense needs to work.

This is Helfirch's show-or-go year, so either way it will be interesting.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

On paper Oregon will be favored by 10-14 but I'm not convinced we can't go in there and pull the upset. Last year that was Oregon's best performance of the year and the bounces went their way that game.

We will have a much better DL & DL depth. That is something we haven't had in a while. Oregon also has potential questions at WR and on defense having lost 6 starters. Notice I say potential. They've recruited well and good players are filling in.

Also factor in that we've gone from Sark against Chip to Pete against Helfrich. Helfrich appeared to lose his team after the Stanford game. They were not good the last several games of the regular season. What happens if they lose to UCLA the week before?

UW has the talent to play with Oregon, the players know that and with Petersen instead of Sark, they will believe they can win. That, along with the depth and experience on both lines will give them a reasonable chance, which is a huge upgrade from no chance in recent years.

Mariotta is probably the difference though. I think Oregon is vulnerable though. No Chip. Huge expectations. Nearly tanked last year after facing adversity. They are a Mariotta injury away from being a big disappointment. You could say that about any team's QB but Oregon has the biggest expectations of anyone and Mariotta may be more susceptible to injury than some of the other QB's. I do expect Oregon's OL and tailbacks to be very good though.

TL;DR Doog analysis of the week.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,553 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014

On paper Oregon will be favored by 10-14 but I'm not convinced we can't go in there and pull the upset. Last year that was Oregon's best performance of the year and the bounces went their way that game.

We will have a much better DL & DL depth. That is something we haven't had in a while. Oregon also has potential questions at WR and on defense having lost 6 starters. Notice I say potential. They've recruited well and good players are filling in.

Also factor in that we've gone from Sark against Chip to Pete against Helfrich. Helfrich appeared to lose his team after the Stanford game. They were not good the last several games of the regular season. What happens if they lose to UCLA the week before?

UW has the talent to play with Oregon, the players know that and with Petersen instead of Sark, they will believe they can win. That, along with the depth and experience on both lines will give them a reasonable chance, which is a huge upgrade from no chance in recent years.

Mariotta is probably the difference though. I think Oregon is vulnerable though. No Chip. Huge expectations. Nearly tanked last year after facing adversity. They are a Mariotta injury away from being a big disappointment. You could say that about any team's QB but Oregon has the biggest expectations of anyone and Mariotta may be more susceptible to injury than some of the other QB's. I do expect Oregon's OL and tailbacks to be very good though.

Disagree. It's been a really long time since any of us have seen what competency and planning can do behind the wheel of a hungry UW program. I think Oregon wins the game and the division but the biggest argument I've seen with them is "They're bringing everyone back. It'll be the same Oregon team as last year." That's interesting because aside from the UW game, I didn't like what I saw out of them for large stretches of the season. Also consider that if we are a run heavy team then Miles likely won't factor in as much (and I think he's being undersold anyways) as we'll be aiming for an early lead and burning clock.
    haie said:

Disagree. It's been a really long time since any of us have seen what competency and planning can do behind the wheel of a hungry UW program. I think Oregon wins the game and the division but the biggest argument I've seen with them is "They're bringing everyone back. It'll be the same Oregon team as last year." That's interesting because aside from the UW game, I didn't like what I saw out of them for large stretches of the season. Also factor in that if we are a run heavy team then Miles likely won't factor is as much (and I think he's being undersold anyways) as we'll be aiming for an early lead and burning clock.
    I don't much like what I saw out of them either last year. Even with the blowouts, watching the sloppy play was excrutiating. If Helfrich and Frost haven't cleaned this shit up, it's the clearest sign that they need to go.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Also factor in that we've gone from Sark against Chip to Pete against Helfrich. Helfrich appeared to lose his team after the Stanford game. They were not good the last several games of the regular season. What happens if they lose to UCLA the week before after losing to Michigan State in early September?

This is the nightmare scenario for all Quacks because we've seen what has happened when the Oregon machine fails to meet their own expectations ... they light themselves on fire and go down in flames.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Spoken like a true Quook.

Spoken like a true Quook.
    It's easy to piss in your cheerios. You've been mad for a few days now. lol.
    OBK, I appreciate what you're trying to do here but the best approach when needling these guys when they are channeling their inner Doog is to remind them of UW's shortcomings. Peterman may be TEH AWESOME coach, but he has a lot of drunken flabby fratboy to undo in a mere 11 or so months. And we get them at Autzen Arena. Next year is their best bet to break the streak, IMO
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

This team has a serious badass front 7. The best since '94 (when we should've gone undefeated). Petermen is about a million times better a coach than Stark. Even though we lose Sankey and Rastafarian-Samuels-Carta-Jenks we are in great shape at TE with Daniels and very good shape at RB with Coleman and whomever else.

We have an adult running the program and we have our best trench-team in 20 years. We also have a soft-open schedule to work out the kinks and every tough team except Oregon at home. We're in great fucking shape.

I agree with everything except "very good shape at RB with Coleman and whomever else". When you mention one player followed by whomever else, I would say that position lacks depth, or at best has unproven potential.

This team has a serious badass front 7. The best since '94 (when we should've gone undefeated). Petermen is about a million times better a coach than Stark. Even though we lose Sankey and Rastafarian-Samuels-Carta-Jenks we are in great shape at TE with Daniels and very good shape at RB with Coleman and whomever else.

We have an adult running the program and we have our best trench-team in 20 years. We also have a soft-open schedule to work out the kinks and every tough team except Oregon at home. We're in great fucking shape.

I agree with everything except "very good shape at RB with Coleman and whomever else". When you mention one player followed by whomever else, I would say that position lacks depth, or at best has unproven potential.
    Normally I'd agree, but his inability to remember the names of the RB's doesn't mean we're in bad shape there in this case, it just means he was lazy. In fact, the one he sited would be the easiest to forget since he's the one who hasn't seen the field. We got at least four deep at tailback, IMO:

WASHINGTON, dammit
    Coleman
    Callier
    Cooper

Washington and Coleman both have the build of workhorse type backs, which helps compensate a bit for the injury risks of Callier and (mostly) Cooper.
    Dardanus said:

AZDuck said:

OBK, I appreciate what you're trying to do here but the best approach when needling these guys when they are channeling their inner Doog is to remind them of UW's shortcomings. Peterman may be TEH AWESOME coach, but he has a lot of drunken flabby fratboy to undo in a mere 11 or so months. And we get them at Autzen Arena. Next year is their best bet to break the streak, IMO

AZDuck has this bored dialed in.
    AZDuck has always been my favorite, classy Quookster.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    dnc said:

Normally I'd agree, but his inability to remember the names of the RB's doesn't mean we're in bad shape there in this case, it just means he was lazy. In fact, the one he sited would be the easiest to forget since he's the one who hasn't seen the field. We got at least four deep at tailback, IMO:

WASHINGTON, dammit
    Coleman
    Callier
    Cooper
    Thompson

Washington and Coleman both have the build of workhorse type backs, which helps compensate a bit for the injury risks of Callier and (mostly) Cooper.
    edited July 2014
    Dardanus said:

WASHINGTON, dammit
    Coleman
    Callier
    Cooper
    Thompson

FM

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Adding Helfrich into the equation and it's even
    Crisp