Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Transfer portal

2»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023

The lack of success thus far is about money with recruiting. We are gonna need a lot of new players this off season. Luckily there should not be a ton of existing players demanding a ton of $$$$. We need to buy a defense. Also need to buy a quarterback.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If "we" can convince Tuli L. to come back with some coffee cups and utilize a Covid year, "we" may not a portal DT. I noticed he played on a few drives yesterday in the 2nd half and looked pretty good (he'll probably lose 10 lbs of flab if he starts playing more again). Guess it depends on how he looks the last few games of the year and the bowl game for the scouts. If not, get a country-strong DT from the South because I don't feel great about Tuitele and Bandes starting with J. Parker and TBD backing them up.

Definitely will need an Edge and LB, both ideally with 2 years of eligibility.

My two deeps for the front 7 next year:

DE: Voi T. / Heims
    DT: PORTAL / J. Parker
    DT: Tuitele / Bandes
    DE: PORTAL / Durfee or Holtzclaw

LB: Bruener / Fowler or Jordan Whitney or Devin Bryant
    LB: PORTAL or Alonzo Tuputala

Husky: Mish Powell / Tristen Dunn

CB: Dixon / Caleb Pressley(?)
    SS: Easton / Vincent Holmes(?)
    FS: Kam Fam / Vincent Nunley (?)
    CB: Elijah Jackson / Javion Green

As Don James said, the best time to play Freshmen and Sophomores are when they are Juniors and Seniors, so hopefully don't see any super young guys starting unless they are truly STUDS (WOOF BARK SNARL).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    *It's also possible they move Kam Fab to SS and move Jackson to FS if they bring in a portal CB or feel good enough about one of the CBs they signed in the 2023 class.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

If "we" can convince Tuli L. to come back with some coffee cups and utilize a Covid year, "we" may not a portal DT. I noticed he played on a few drives yesterday in the 2nd half and looked pretty good (he'll probably lose 10 lbs of flab if he starts playing more again). Guess it depends on how he looks the last few games of the year and the bowl game for the scouts. If not, get a country-strong DT from the South because I don't feel great about Tuitele and Bandes starting with J. Parker and TBD backing them up.

As Don James said, the best time to play Freshmen and Sophomores are when they are Juniors and Seniors, so hopefully don't see any super young guys starting unless they are truly STUDS (WOOF BARK SNARL).

The defense you see above combined with the scheme this staff tries to run would get worked. Not a single playmaker.

Jackson should not be starting in your secondary if you're serious about winning. Kam fab is fine as a depth guy but not a starter. I would think dunne may shift to safety as he seems to be able to tackle albeit from a small sample size but he is young and may not be ready for that role.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

The defense you see above combined with the scheme this staff tries to run would get worked. Not a single playmaker.

Jackson should not be starting in your secondary if you're serious about winning. Kam fab is fine as a depth guy but not a starter. I would think dunne may shift to safety as he seems to be able to tackle albeit from a small sample size but he is young and may not be ready for that role.
    It would be Dunn's third year right?

Get him on the Dom Hampton diet and supplements and get him out there on the field. He kills people on special teams.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

This actually doesn't look terrible. Also Muhammad is a junior. He could return.

If he doesn't, the CB tandem of Dixon (he's been terrible) and Jackson is pretty glaring. Definitely need a young guy to step up or get a portal
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

This actually doesn't look terrible. Also Muhammad is a junior. He could return.

If he doesn't, the CB tandem of Dixon (he's been terrible) and Jackson is pretty glaring. Definitely need a young guy to step up or get a portal
    Good point about Muhammad, need to pay him to stick around.

If the Portal guys are above average, it could be a pretty good D. Plus, a few guys from the 2022 and 2023 classes could surprise to the upside.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    TXDawg said:

DeBoer is the real deal, you can't fake that with these kids. They love this guy and his staff. Players are going to see WRs getting drafted, Penix win a Heisman and get drafted, DJ changing the whole trajectory for his prospects by portalling to UW...the transfers will show up.

Stalin said is somewhere, UW has the best program environment in the country. No bullshit, no coach with a ego so big his players get no shine, no drama. Just fun, a supportive team, hardwork, and fucking winning.

That shit sells.

Slick Rick also was good snakes oilman, hopefully boner is the real deal. Next year will be telling, he figures out a way to manufacture 9 wins he will be the real deal (also very expensive)
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,297
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

PORTAL>>>PGOS
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Muhammad is a Junior
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Keeping guys from declaring is a combination of where they are projected vs what we’re willing to offer vs whether they want to play school anymore

Recruiting still matters … don’t fool yourself otherwise

The portal is great to fill gaps but you’re fooling yourself if you think UW will be the top bidder for the top end of transfer talent
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don’t give a duck about next year. I’m being very fucking mindful and present so that I can enjoy this run and reach enlightenment.

Namaste