Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Read it and weep Cougs

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Selfishly I wish the Oregon game wasn't Thanksgiving weekend going forward ...

Besides that, the Cougs are going to let their pride get the best of them

The best path forward for Oregon St and Washington St is to play as many top programs as possible, stay as relevant as possible, and maximize football revenue to cover as many sports as possible

Instead, they are going to allow their pride to get the best of them, have massive cuts to their athletic department, and become an absolute doormat

Just hate to see it

Do you though? If they're dumb enough to choose pride over finances can you really be sad?
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Guess that means Wisonsin is the real UW

Wash
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,671 Standard Supporter
    Cuogs are being fucking retarded here.They've lived in a neighborhood way above their income level for decades. Now they are pissed when all the neighbors are packing up to moving to the next stop in the income ladder.

Sorry, you belong in White Center, not Madison Park.

Get over it and start DIY'ing your place with cash, not somebody else's credit card.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,532 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    dtd said:
    I am fine with a neutral site game. Going to Pullman is dumb though and does not benefit the team or the fanbase.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796

dtd said:
    I am fine with a neutral site game. Going to Pullman is dumb though and does not benefit the team or the fanbase.
    I could see a home, away, neutral site (Lumen) rotation. 1 out of 3 in Pullman seems about right.
    USMChawk said:

dtd said:
    I could see a home, away, neutral site (Lumen) rotation. 1 out of 3 in Pullman seems about right.
    This would be like Colorado going to Fort Collins. Or Texas going to Lubbock to face Texas Tech. You have to draw the line at some point.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,668 Founders Club

USMChawk said:

dtd said:
    This would be like Colorado going to Fort Collins. Or Texas going to Lubbock to face Texas Tech. You have to draw the line at some point.
    Good comp

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The best path forward for Oregon St and Washington St is to play as many top programs as possible, stay as relevant as possible, and maximize football revenue to cover as many sports as possible

Instead, they are going to allow their pride to get the best of them, have massive cuts to their athletic department, and become an absolute doormat

Just hate to see it

Nah, it’s not like the path to relevance isn’t obvious. If you’re too stupid to take it, you’re too stupid to give a fuck about.

No way in hell should UW EVER play in Pullman again. It’s a dealbreaker. If the Apple Cup continues, the worst setup UW should agree to is every other year Husky Stadium/Lumen Field. Let Cuog claim Lumen as their home field in even years. If Seattle is full of cuog as they claim, it should be more than fair as an arrangement.

Oh, and UW picks the dates for the game every year.
  • SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    I’ve always thought this was a lose-lose game. Win as expected and get called “arrogant”. Lose and have to listen to insufferable shitbirds for a year. I’m happy it’s dead.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,726
    edited November 2023
    The whole thing is sad, from pissing away the PAC to who-cares games against boring midwest teams. Oregon is a bigger rival, but the Apple Cup is another tradition getting lost in the money grabs, and it still is a rivalry. The tradition now is 4 hour night games, fireworks, and rock arena lighting.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Just hate to see it

Do you though? If they're dumb enough to choose pride over finances can you really be sad?
    Heavy sarkasm
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

dtd said:
    If I'm UW with the current financial shortfall, I'm insisting on Lumen Field every year or nothing.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 810
    SkipBoyd said:

I’ve always thought this was a lose-lose game. Win as expected and get called “arrogant”. Lose and have to listen to insufferable shitbirds for a year. I’m happy it’s dead.

Perfect summary. Even in years when cuog is favored it’s still humiliating to lose. Win feels slightly better than beating Oregon St or Cal.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,402 Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

The whole thing is sad, from pissing away the PAC to who-cares games against boring midwest teams. Oregon is a bigger rival, but the Apple Cup is another tradition getting lost in the money grabs, and it still is a rivalry. The tradition now is 4 hour night games, fireworks, and rock arena lighting.

I think game atmosphere will be quite a bit higher on average in the B10. There's only 2 or 3 schools that don't care as opposed to 4 or 5 in the PAC and the upper half of the teams are full on top tier CFB environments
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,726
    edited November 2023
    Canadawg said:

AOG said:

I think game atmosphere will be quite a bit higher on average in the B10. There's only 2 or 3 schools that don't care as opposed to 4 or 5 in the PAC and the upper half of the teams are full on top tier CFB environments
    I guess that would be the Bay Area teams. I've only been to Pullman, and they care. Husky Stadium really needs to lose the fireworks. It looks so tacky, white trash, just out of place. Shoot off fireworks for football. And also the stupid purple smoke. It's turning into a rock concert. If I want arena rock I go see the Kiss Farewell Tour.
  • iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 129
    chuck said:

It's just so fucking Cuog to try hard negotiating in a position where they have zero leverage.

The Apple Cup is a small time tradition that nobody outside of the PNW has ever heard of. Who was watching when John Anderson, Tank Johnson and Nate broke the WSU dynasty? UW fans remember and WSU fans will hate UW forever over it, but no casual football fans or even fans of the other NW schools remember.

Id want to keep an annual game with them in Seattle if they weren't such cunts about it. Since they are I'd rather UW never acknowledge them again.

Some will always remember