Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I hate watching this team

2»

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,783

What's funny is that every team that plays UW "gets right" afterward.

Since playing UW, Arizona has taken USC to double-OT, destroyed ranked Coug, and beaten top-10 Beavis.

Since playing UW, Oregon has outscored two ranked opponents 73-30, including giving the raw plunger to #13 Utah.

Since playing UW, ASU got their first FBS win against the Coug. Rather easily.

Poor WSU keeps being the victim of the UW bump. Watch Stanford run train on them next Saturday.

We(?)'re like that not-very-physical team on everyone's schedule that they think of as a bye, only that weirdly beats them anyway.

Watch what we can make backup Qbs look like!
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,086

Well I love this team, it’s been amazing to watch… but if we are honest, they started the year with a team that we all thought was going to have an improved defense but was clearly going to have to outscore every team we faced, have a gunslinger QB that until the 2nd half of the Oregon game was throwing perfect dimes 80 percent of the time, had 2 pro receivers that in fact turned into 3 with yet another younger player that stepped up Bigly, and a below average running game that required the long ball to establish and maintain vs any opponent not named Portland State.

What has happened since is a slew of injuries to key players with no real depth behind them, including our QB who has continued to play anyway. Everyone on the team, the coaching staff, the teams we are facing and our fans can see the impossible issues with this team and yet they have continued to find a way to believe they can and will win. Its been impressive to watch PAC 12 teams with no pulse come alive with the hope of knocking off the top ranked dawgs and then continue to terrorize the rest of the teams they face in the aftermath of playing the Dawgs.

In the great tradition, as Sammi Sosa said ‘keep it to continue’. Tightrope watching has always been a bitch to watch.

POTD
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam

This team has a largely one dimensional offense, patty cake lines, and a defense that can't tackle for shit. They somewhat remind me of the 1998 fighting Bob Toledo's at UCLA, except DeShaun Foster.

The 2000 Huskies had a lot of nasty in them (thanks Lambo), they could be physically dominant, even beat one of the most talented college football teams of all time. That is NOT this team. This team has a gunslinger and some very talented wide receivers. When there is pass protection, they are a legitimate threat to pull off a string of big plays and in general they don't quit, good traits. But they're not going to intimidate, physically dominate, grind out the clock, or work over any semi worthy opponent. A team like Alabama or Georgia would likely kick their nuts in. Edit: Even Oregon might kick their nuts in if they play again.

You like giving theoretical wins to physical teams after we've already beat them on the field. IWYLTD
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,961
    edited October 2023
    2000 had Larry Triplett, Anthony Vontoure and Jeremiah Pharms. Having a disruptive D tackle changes everything. Akbar was an underrated S.

And while of course Tui wasn’t 1/3 of the passer Penix is, he could hurt you with his feet and was a great dual htreat harder to defend.

Yes they had close calls to garbage teams but they beat very good Miami and Oregon State teams. There’s no team on the schedule as good as either of those teams were then. The O line didn’t produce any NFL players but they were huge and good at run blocking.

2000 deserves some respeck. The season isn’t over for 2023 DWAG so crown they ass if you dare. I’m in LIPO. Should win out. Thinking BeavE might fuck up Whoregon or DWAG season. LISLIPO

@BennyBeaver
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,954 Founders Club

2000 had Larry Triplett, Anthony Vontoure and Jeremiah Pharms. Having a disruptive D tackle changes everything. Akbar was an underrated S.

And while of course Tui wasn’t 1/3 of the passer Penix is, he could hurt you with his feet and was a great dual htreat harder to defend.

Yes they had close calls to garbage teams but they beat very good Miami and Oregon State teams. There’s no team on the schedule as good as either of those teams were then. The O line didn’t produce any NFL players but they were huge and good at run blocking.

2000 deserves some respeck. The season isn’t over for 2023 DWAG so crown they ass if you dare. I’m in LIPO. Should win out. Thinking BeavE might fuck up Whoregon or DWAG season. LISLIPO

@BennyBeaver

I wish Penix had legs. He doesn’t said. I still take his NFL arm over Tui.

2000 had some great dudes. Just pointing out here how much I hated watching them play down to their opponents.

Also your Miamuh bias will always skew your 2000 perspective @creepycoug
    edited October 2023

@BennyBeaver

2000 had some great dudes. Just pointing out here how much I hated watching them play down to their opponents.

Count the honors on that roster Yella: NFL D POTY, HOFamer (and still counting with at least 2 more to come), more Pro Bowls and All Pro selections than you can count and an NFL ROTY.

Team was loaded af brosef. That’s not bias. That’s some facts. Boom!

2000 DWAGs were much tuffer than this Husky sqaud. Receivers and passing is the one clear area that this team does way better. Can’t think of anything else.
    edited October 2023

@BennyBeaver

Count the honors on that roster Yella: NFL D POTY, HOFamer (and still counting with at least 2 more to come), more Pro Bowls than you can count and an NFL ROTY.

Team that as loaded brosef. That’s not bias. That’s some facts. Boom!
    They were loaded AF but got upset a few times by vastly inferior teams.

Plus UW always get greased up for Miamuh except for Bin Laden.

@BennyBeaver

Count the honors on that roster Yella: NFL D POTY, HOFamer (and still counting with at least 2 more to come), more Pro Bowls than you can count and an NFL ROTY.

Got upset by ONE: the one we’re talking about. Also beat the best Beaver team ever. I was there!!!
    In all seriousness, the 2000 team would do a couple of tings that would have caused Penix trouble:

1. Vontoure would have corner blitzed him and hurt him. He’s fragile, as Oregon kinda showed. AV also takes a receiver out of the game. Dood was good. People forget.

2. Tui would would have moved the ball on this defense in the running game and eaten clock, making the Penix a little flacid.

3. Triplett and Pharms would have yielded zero fucking running yards and Trip would have collapsed the pocket - and the Penix would have been uncomfortable.

I honestly believe 2000 DWAG could have given 2023 DWAG a serious run for their money.

@BennyBeaver

Got upset by ONE: the one we’re talking about. Also beat the best Beaver team ever. I was there!!!
    I’m talking about Miami getting upset in 2000 and 2002 @creepycoug . Best team in each year and only 1 Natty.

@BennyBeaver

I’m talking about Miami getting upset in 2000 and 2002 @creepycoug . Best team in each year and only 1 Natty.
    Eh. Butch was a great coach in all respects except game day and Dorothy was green af in his first road game against a good defense. Took Bitch too long to try Portis.

2002 Miami are the national champs. If Wa is going to hang a banner or two then so am I. Game was decided on the field. Terry Porter can rot in hell.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,594 Standard Supporter
    2000-2002 Miami wins 3 straight natties from those years in a 12 team playoff format. No 1 game seasons like tOSU in 2002 and not being kept out in 2000.

2000 Washington had 1 first round pick on the roster: Stevens who was like the #30 selection. Tui and Tripplett were second rounders.

I assume Penix and Odunze will top that easily.