Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What DeBoer Is

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,063
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    TheHB said:

Muttzen said:

A spicy take - I disagree.

We are outplaying our overall talent level thanks to the QB - WR tandem that DeBoer has brought in / developed. That was his doing - and it has paid dividends.

The rest of our team looks good enough to win when everything is clicking smoothly, but we clearly don't have the depth of say, Oregon.

Next year will tell us quite a bit about how much this year was about catching everything just right. Looking ugly or not, we are the last undefeated team in Pac-12 history.

Will we continue to improve development? can we improve recruiting? will we find another star QB?

This year and last year could have been good, and yet somehow, this could be a Helfrich-esque facade. But i think him bringing in Penix, and having it click shows that DeBoer et al. have a system that can work, and they have a track record of making it work.

This is why I’m not in favor of giving DeBoer a $10M contract until we see what happens next year.
    Were in a damned if you, damned if you don’t on that one, pod-nah.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Next year we’re going to have to hit the portal hard because most of the talent is leaving.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    (Post deleted for fucktardedness)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you take away all of our ugly wins, we've had some good wins.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t understand this line of reasoning. He has won 15 games in a row and we? Are 8-0 so far this year. The last 2 weeks have been UGLY as fuck no doubt…. But we lose these games in the past rather easily.

By no means do I think he might be the unicorn everyone thought he was… but he is fucking winning after coming in and fixing one of the biggest fucking dreckfests of a season the year before.

For me, it’s the eye test. Four games in a row, this team has looked eminently beatable. Can’t ignore the simple fact they found a way to win, but the eyes say the losses are coming based on the evidence.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Next year with a new QB is going to be a big test of how good DeBoer is. Penix can cover a lot of warts.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

POTD
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

TheHB said:

POTD
    FREE PUB!!!
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Muttzen said:

A spicy take - I disagree.

We are outplaying our overall talent level thanks to the QB - WR tandem that DeBoer has brought in / developed. That was his doing - and it has paid dividends.

The rest of our team looks good enough to win when everything is clicking smoothly, but we clearly don't have the depth of say, Oregon.

Next year will tell us quite a bit about how much this year was about catching everything just right. Looking ugly or not, we are the last undefeated team in Pac-12 history.

Will we continue to improve development? can we improve recruiting? will we find another star QB?

This year and last year could have been good, and yet somehow, this could be a Helfrich-esque facade. But i think him bringing in Penix, and having it click shows that DeBoer et al. have a system that can work, and they have a track record of making it work.

Penix has masked so much of our issues last two years. We are/(were)? an elite passing team and every other aspect (run O, Run/Pass D) UW is Average at tippy top best using purple colored Dawgman Glasses. When the pass game isn't perfect with no drops/turnovers/sacks/penalties then it will be game on with this unable to tackle and create any turnovers D who gets stuck on field way to long which equals game on.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    19-2. Winners win.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I became a fan during 0-12, a 15 game winning streak is foreign to me. I don’t care how shitty it is. He’s the best coach by far of my lifetime. Time to get real coaches that can recruit. Dannen better give Deboner a huge staff and NIL budget because dude is allergic to losing.
  • Options
    TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 542
    I don't give a fuck about win streaks. I want Championships. If he gets Championships by barely winning games he should be blowing out so be it. So far he hasn't done that. Until then fuck DeBoner, Grub and his bull shit defense and limp dick offensive play calling.

This team on offense has dipped by injuries or just garbage play calling. Doesn't matter. They are just down. Panix is not the same either.

Defense. Just absolute trash. They can't stop anyone.

I hate DeBoner until he wins a Natty.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

def he is small time, but he does have odd luck. does not get tight in close games and figures out a way to roll in the mud and get shitty wins.

Very much this, petermen always lost these kinds of tight games against shit opponents. Deboner wins them....but we seem to be having a lot of them.
    I had a flashback to Browning running backwards 20 yards for a sack against Stanford when Penix took a 12 yard sack (sandwiched between holding and a delay of game penalties). Had a moment of panic that the Stanford curse was gonna get us again but this year is different.

Each week is a different game with different circumstances. It’s been weird.

I don’t see us? losing more than 1 game in the regular season and even then I’m hedging my bets. I think we finish 12-0.

Print the t-shirts.