Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Laguna Beach>The Hills
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched his game 1-5 (or maybe it was 1-6) highlights from this year. I think he's impressive. For comparison sake he looks somewhat like Locker with a little less speed, a better throwing motion but similar arm strength, and a lot more pocket passing experience.

He looks like exactly the kind of QB I think they should be after. They have a few guys like that committed now or already in the program. They just need one to work out and be ready to take over after next year's rental QB.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I watched his game 1-5 (or maybe it was 1-6) highlights from this year. I think he's impressive. For comparison sake he looks somewhat like Locker with a little less speed, a better throwing motion but similar arm strength, and a lot more pocket passing experience.

He looks like exactly the kind of QB I think they should be after. They have a few guys like that committed now or already in the program. They just need one to work out and be ready to take over after next year's rental QB.

Not great offers yet. I trust the staff though. I've heard they will probably try and take two and are in on some of the higher rated guys out west at least now?
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023
    chuck said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ls44n 5 game highlights
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

Not great offers yet. I trust the staff though. I've heard they will probably try and take two and are in on some of the higher rated guys out west at least now?
    Kollock said that the staff told him they'll only take one but that may be dependent upon Morris staying. If he decides to become a grad assistant, I'd guess they'd take two (and take a portal QB for the 2024 class).

I believe they are in it for https://247sports.com/Player/husan-longstreet-46134189/

and https://247sports.com/Player/madden-iamaleava-46128290/ (his brother is a true frosh QB at Tennessee).

and https://247sports.com/Player/dash-beierly-46128687/

and: https://247sports.com/Player/leo-hannan-46139957/
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Top 2 guys are a take regardless. Stupid if they actually said that.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter
    RDR said:

chuck said:

This is nothing against Kollock, but he has a lot less speed and even lesser acceleration than Locker. Locker had elite athleticism.

I actually got a little bit of Eason vibes in that, while he is likely an inch shorter than Eason and not quite as much arm strength, he has better accuracy, better athleticism, and much better pocket presence / awareness.

I am surprised he didn't have more offers because there's a lot to like and he looks like a 4-star to me.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

RDR said:

chuck said:

This is nothing against Kollock, but he has a lot less speed and even lesser acceleration than Locker. Locker had elite athleticism.

I actually got a little bit of Eason vibes in that, while he is likely an inch shorter than Eason and not quite as much arm strength, he has better accuracy, better athleticism, and much better pocket presence / awareness.

I am surprised he didn't have more offers because there's a lot to like and he looks like a 4-star to me.
    Nobody said he was as fast as Locker. He's a hell of a lot closer to Locker than he is Eason though.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 334
    I think he looks pretty damn good. I think he has enough athleticism to make some things happen with his legs but I think he looks like a really solid passer. The thing that stands out to me is that he looks comfortable in the pocket and frequently is completing passes to his 2nd or 3rd read. He also looks really comfortable throwing into the middle of the defense on intermediate routes.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’m a big fan of this guy’s abstract expressionist paintings.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Prukop was benched early in his one season at Oregon. Probably not a major quook.